Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Lab Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Fairly relaxed interview. Once accepted, however, obtaining clearance from occupational health was a pain in the butt (blood tests, then waiting, then getting vaccination boosters, then waiting again, tb test, waiting, getting test read). It took about a month to get me cleared to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues working with human bodily fluids and feces?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Interview with direct staff in unit. Converses with director of hospital then HR for further review. Interview process was average and a great opportunity. You were able to learn about the job position fully.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with project leads that had very little technical knowledge. They asked generic questions that were very easy to answer. resuts may vary because each team does their own interviews. The team I am on now gives a much more difficult interview and actually asks to see writing skills etc. I recomend applying for one of the smaller teams to start. Once you are onboard you can move anywhere you like.

Interview Questions

• Q. Are you a team player?   1 Answer
    • Q: When will you finish your degree   1 Answer
    • what is your favorite programing language   1 Answer
    • How much are you looking to start at   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

Straight forward. You had to know your resume well and make sure that you know what you are talking about. Definitely sell yourself. It's a competitive environment and everyone there is there for a reason. There wasn't too much small talk. Definitely dress professionally even if the doctor is in scrubs. I wore a full suit to my interview.

Clinical Research Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

On-line application took some effort as Resume import did not format well. Phone interviews by HR and unit of hire--whole process took about 6 weeks even though I had worked with the group before and the knew my work was sound. Apparently, the HR process is step-by-step regardless of who makes the recommendation to hire. It was fine--it was just going through the bureaucratic paces.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a diverse environment?   1 Answer

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I had a phone interview and then was asked to come in for a personal interview. I felt very comfortable during the interview. The interview questions were very direct with the focus of past performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a hard time with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Johns Hopkins Medecine is notorious for a slow, cumbersome, multitiered, and disjointed interview process in which various departments such as OccHealth, HR, and management do not always receive the necessary documentation to allow for a smooth and efficient hiring process. They also tend to place applicants through marathon interview session with multiple employees without comprehensively explaining each individual's role and how he/she may or MAY NOT interact with the new hire on any given day. I know that I interviewed with a number of people for whom I never directly worked with or for.

All that being said, while unwieldy, slow, and sometimes confusing, everyone that I interviewed with was kind, candid, insightful, and clearly interested (eventually invested) in my success.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think are the leading thinkers/experts on Web content development? The   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what they offered as I considered it fair. It was clear that there was little room for negotiation.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Aside from the huge online application and quiz the interview process was pretty easy. One phone screen which basically covered general skills and interest questions. Next was the in person interview with two managers asking more technical questions. The final interview was with senior management and an additional team member with slightly more technical questions. Everyone was very friendly and not intimidating. The questions were pretty standard and it overall felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How do you present your responsive design concepts to clients?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

The Interview process was fairly smooth and efficient. First was a phone interview with two people from the department. Two weeks after the phone interview, I receieved a phone call to come in for an in person interview and a skills test. The interview was held by a panel of 4 women from the department who were all really nice. The next day I was asked to come in and meet with the head of the department. I took that as a good sign, however i was very nervous. Two weeks later, I accepted the offer. Everything went well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Communication with the hiring manager was excellent. First, a phone interview with several people, standard questions, about 30 minutes total. Then, an in person interview with the managers of several departments, but I went one at a time, so had 3 half hour interviews back to back to back, which was tiring.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was more than I wanted/expected.