Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Bethesda, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Know about the specialty what they offer, pay, and read about their mission and values because all this is critique during the interview. Not sure about an exam or anything of such but be on alert because other places ask for these things and you should know them. So you meet with human resources and then you meet with the nursing recruiter.

Research Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

I was first contacted through email for a phone interview. The PI and two other researchers involved in the study joined me for a conference call and for about 30 minutes, they described the study to me and explained what my job would be. I was asked if I was still interested and what I would like to get out of the job. We then scheduled an in person interview with the PI and one of the researchers in the conference call. During the interview, they went into more detail about what the job entailed, hours, how long the current phase of the study would be, their day to day expectations, etc. They asked about some of my past experiences and how those experiences could help me with this job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from your previous lab job that would help you here?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This was an internship interview, which was due to a part-time role. It was lengthy, but the interviewers were pretty nice. It took around 2 hours. They asked me about my previous app development work, and then a couple of basic questions regarding programming.

Interview Questions

• Show your previous work, probably a presentation relating to software development. A couple of basic questions in Python and Java.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward group interview. All went well into the Director walked in and proceeded to ask questions that he got straight out of a book, or some seminar that he must have recently attended.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions (i.e. how do you handle a difficult employee)   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Process took 10 days. First i got email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview I was asked to come to the campus for face to face interview. Interview was simple. I was asked about my previous experience. They told more about them and about the job. Finally, i was given the tour of lab.Overall, the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Which type of microscope you worked on?
      what type of staining you did earlier?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Came in three times. Was asked basic situational interview questions. Answered all questions. Pretty similar to other online situational questions. No tricky questions. What would you do if you had a situation where your boss wanted a project completed in little time..

Interview Questions

• Standard Situational questions   1 Answer

Medical Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

It went well, the process was very simple. It was a 1:1 interview between me and the department administrator. The process took approximately 1 hour in length and was very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What makes me qualified for the position? What are my strengths and weaknesses? And where would I like to see myself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from HR within a few days. I was given an interview time a few days later. I showed up at the appointed time and stood in the lobby with a few construction workers for about 10 minutes- no employee to be found. Finally someone rescued me and brought me to where my interview was.

That really should have been my first clue to turn and run, but I didn't. Next the HR rep walked me through the dept and spoke to each of the 4 panel members that were going to be interviewing me. One appeared as though he had no clue while the others didn't seem to want to be bothered- clue #2. They stuck me in a conference room for 20 min, by myself which turned out to be clue #3. The interview went fine until I had exhausted all of their questions.

I could tell one of the panelists just had an issue with me, which is fine, however, he seemed hell bent on making me look like an idiot with a "gotcha question" so he could push his case that I was not a good fit for the job. He asked some off the wall question, that had no relevance to the job. After another panelist balked at him asking the question, he admitted that they don't ask that particular question of applicants any longer because "no one could answer it."

The interview lasted about an hour and I was told I would hear from them the following week. The interview was on a Friday. I hand delivered thank you notes on Monday, and have yet to hear a word from them. That was months ago. I knew from the time I was first standing in the front lobby, alone, that this was not a place that I wanted to work. The interview confirmed that. I followed through on my commitment to the interview and followed up with thank you notes. They in no way showed me the same respect.

Interview Questions

• You have eight balls all of the same size. 7 of them weigh the same, and one of them weighs slightly more. How can you find the ball that is heavier by using a balance and only two weighings?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Went pretty smoothly but only heard back from HR about 2 weeks after the application. HR interview was within a day of hearing from them. I was called into the office to speak with a recruitment specialist, who was very friendly, and she asked me typical HR questions about my work history, interest in the job, etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: strengths and weaknesses, how do I deal with colleagues, how do I stay on task, what do previous employers think about me, etc.   Answer Question

IT QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Burnie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Glen Burnie, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was different... They made it difficult to answer their questions. Before I could answer one question, the interviewer continued to cut me off to ask another question. The panel interview was different than anything I ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you how would calculate all the gas stations in the US, how would you do it?
      Hint: Google is not an option   Answer Question