Johns Hopkins Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.7

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Bethesda, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Know about the specialty what they offer, pay, and read about their mission and values because all this is critique during the interview. Not sure about an exam or anything of such but be on alert because other places ask for these things and you should know them. So you meet with human resources and then you meet with the nursing recruiter.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Sending in a cover letter + resume, and being called in for 2 rounds of interviews. Interviews are conducted over skype call, and if selected, you are contacted by phone and email quickly.

Research Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

I was first contacted through email for a phone interview. The PI and two other researchers involved in the study joined me for a conference call and for about 30 minutes, they described the study to me and explained what my job would be. I was asked if I was still interested and what I would like to get out of the job. We then scheduled an in person interview with the PI and one of the researchers in the conference call. During the interview, they went into more detail about what the job entailed, hours, how long the current phase of the study would be, their day to day expectations, etc. They asked about some of my past experiences and how those experiences could help me with this job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from your previous lab job that would help you here?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

This was an internship interview, which was due to a part-time role. It was lengthy, but the interviewers were pretty nice. It took around 2 hours. They asked me about my previous app development work, and then a couple of basic questions regarding programming.

Interview Questions

• Show your previous work, probably a presentation relating to software development. A couple of basic questions in Python and Java.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Straight forward group interview. All went well into the Director walked in and proceeded to ask questions that he got straight out of a book, or some seminar that he must have recently attended.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions (i.e. how do you handle a difficult employee)   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine in January 2017.

Interview

This was a brief and efficient interviewing process. I met with a group of researchers in the laboratory -- post docs, grad student then the PI and told each about my own research then learned more about their research and how I would be involved.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Process took 10 days. First i got email from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview I was asked to come to the campus for face to face interview. Interview was simple. I was asked about my previous experience. They told more about them and about the job. Finally, i was given the tour of lab.Overall, the interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Which type of microscope you worked on?
      what type of staining you did earlier?   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted via email by manager, had conversation to see if still interested in position and to share info about position. After confirming I was still interested, referred to HR for scheduling of interview. Interview was with three individuals, two co-workers, one Director. Was quizzed during interview on common nursing competencies. Was asked to demonstrate how I would teach blood pressure.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Extensive recruiter interview and phone interview. Interviewers on phone were not themselves very clear about the role of the job. I don’t think it had been worked through yet. Very difficult to figure out what the role would have been.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins Medicine.

Interview

Came in three times. Was asked basic situational interview questions. Answered all questions. Pretty similar to other online situational questions. No tricky questions. What would you do if you had a situation where your boss wanted a project completed in little time..

Interview Questions

• Standard Situational questions   1 Answer