Johns Hopkins University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. We went over everything that was in my resume. Then we went on to discuss my future plans with my life. Then we went through my resume again. She told she was at the very beginning and that if I was chosen she would return my call for an interview. The line of questioning made the phone interview slightly difficult considering that I had to explain a resume in its entirety as if I did not provide one, and she missed and mixed up most of my experiences. Most of the call was spent trying to clarify my resume and the flow and my actual experience despite it being in a one page resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did I come to Baltimore?   1 Answer
  • How do I plan to go to school full time and work full time considering this position would be 8:30-9?   1 Answer
  • Why did I choose John Hopkins and and what are my future plans?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR a couple of weeks later offering to set up a 1:1 phone interview. Did the phone interview, very typical questions. Told I would hear back within a week - week and a half, which I did. I was offered a chance to come in for a interview. It was from 12:00-3:30 and took place on two different campuses. The Eastern campus had me sit with HR and go over typical questions.. explain a time when this happened and then had me do a Excel, Word and proof reading test. These were not what I was expecting because you can only perform the task the way the test wants you to, so forget and short-cuts you know. After that I had 30 min to get to the other campus but of course construction blocked the road, this was very frustrating. One guy was sick so I met with 3 people in total, 2 other administrative coordinators who were very nice and the higher up I would be working for. They were all very nice but within a week I received an email that they would be perusing someone else.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through the online system. Was called in for an interview 2 weeks later. Met first with a representative from HR and was asked a series of 'tell me about a time when...' questions as well as expectations for the role, future aspirations and salary range. Then did a skills test on the computer including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a typing test. Then met with 4 would-be supervisors in a single interview. Pleasant group of people who asked typical interview questions. The experience was a nice balance of questions and conversation. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer. The whole process was very organized and very professional.