Johns Hopkins University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions

2.9

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. We went over everything that was in my resume. Then we went on to discuss my future plans with my life. Then we went through my resume again. She told she was at the very beginning and that if I was chosen she would return my call for an interview. The line of questioning made the phone interview slightly difficult considering that I had to explain a resume in its entirety as if I did not provide one, and she missed and mixed up most of my experiences. Most of the call was spent trying to clarify my resume and the flow and my actual experience despite it being in a one page resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did I come to Baltimore?   1 Answer
  • How do I plan to go to school full time and work full time considering this position would be 8:30-9?   1 Answer
  • Why did I choose John Hopkins and and what are my future plans?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR a couple of weeks later offering to set up a 1:1 phone interview. Did the phone interview, very typical questions. Told I would hear back within a week - week and a half, which I did. I was offered a chance to come in for a interview. It was from 12:00-3:30 and took place on two different campuses. The Eastern campus had me sit with HR and go over typical questions.. explain a time when this happened and then had me do a Excel, Word and proof reading test. These were not what I was expecting because you can only perform the task the way the test wants you to, so forget and short-cuts you know. After that I had 30 min to get to the other campus but of course construction blocked the road, this was very frustrating. One guy was sick so I met with 3 people in total, 2 other administrative coordinators who were very nice and the higher up I would be working for. They were all very nice but within a week I received an email that they would be perusing someone else.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with the manager of the department. She asked basic interview questions, was fairly harmless. I stumbled a few times, but they don't seem to care much so long as you seem really interested in the position.

Second interview was intense! Was 10 minutes late due to being lost. I had to come in for three group interviews for the day, which lasted 3 hours. Met all of the important department staff. Once I completed that, they told me to expect an answer within two weeks.

Roughly 10 days later (including the weekend), I was contacted via email by HR to come in for one final interview. The following say after the HR interview, I was offered a salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it was significantly more than I make now so I couldn't complain.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

To even get an interview is a huge win since there are so many applicants for every job posting. However, once you get an interview, it can take MONTHS to even hear back from anyone about the position, even if you did get the job or not. I applied for many jobs through their website and interviewed for a handful. I received two job offers from two different departments: one department gave me a phone interview, then a face to face with two different people, and then two months later I received a job offer. The other department gave me a face to face interview with two people at the same time and then a second interview three weeks later and verbally told me I had the job, but I never received anything written from them and I accepted a position with another company. I still have not heard from them and it's been almost a year.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your workload?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted an application through the online system. Was called in for an interview 2 weeks later. Met first with a representative from HR and was asked a series of 'tell me about a time when...' questions as well as expectations for the role, future aspirations and salary range. Then did a skills test on the computer including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a typing test. Then met with 4 would-be supervisors in a single interview. Pleasant group of people who asked typical interview questions. The experience was a nice balance of questions and conversation. Unfortunately, did not receive an offer. The whole process was very organized and very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

First interview was just with the HR representative and included 4 computer tests, proofreading, MS Word, MS Excel, and writing. Interview questions were fairly typical for an HR interview. Was asked to come back for a second interview at the end of this one.
    Second interview was a week later with the Director and an employee who previously held the same position. Was a pretty casual interview. No real grilling or formal questions. More interested in my experience and how it applied to the position. Got a follow up phone call from HR a day or two later for a third interview.
    Third interview was a week after the second and was a group interview that involed the rest of the department, 6 employees. About 3 of the employees had a fair number of questions, others were more quiet. Some felt more formal, others more relaxed.
    Through the entire process, HR was good about sending confirmation emails including the names and titles of all the interview participants.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too unexpected. The HR questions were more the formal interview type. The rest were more relaxed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR rep asked me about salary in the beginning and they actually offered me more than I initially requested.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied through company's website. Interviews were relaxed and only one person (out of 3) had specific questions. It was relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotations. Salary is take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Human Resources person I was supposed to meet was out sick, and her substitute seemed ill-prepared to handle my appointment. Short skills test in MS Office applications was exactly as described to me ahead of time, and was no problem.

Interview Questions

• It was very hard to find out anything ahead of time about the exact job I would be interviewing for -- turned to be not a good fit.   Answer Question

The department was not a good fit for me -- there was going to be a lot of overtime and irregular work hours on a seasonal basis, with heavier duties in the summer and no ability to take vacation during summer months (when my children are out of school).