Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Associate Professional Staff II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

3.4

Associate Professional Staff II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took nearly 10 months and required a background investigation and presentation in front of a panel of hiring manager. Overall the it was a pleasant experience and no malicious questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

flew me in and met with the entire group and gave a presentation on my PhD work. afterwards i met with the entire team in 3's to talk about their work and learn more about the group. The whole process took about 3 hours and they paid for my lunch

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

Job responsibilities were being consolidated between two departments. The job was ending in one department and i was interviewed for the posted position bearing similar functions in the second department. One-on-one interview was held with the section supervisor and subsequently with the group supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Can you assist bringing co-workers up to speed while performing your own work functions?   Answer Question

Associate Professional Staff II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in April 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR to go over my resume and do a general screen of my background. Was asked to provide a few jobs on their site which interested me. Interviewed for a couple of positions and spent an entire day there. Everyone was very nice and the questions were pretty basic and not at all challenging.

Interview Questions

• What does ANT stand for? Took me a second to remember but I did. A Neat Tool.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview came in two parts, both taking place on the same day. The first part was a series of interviews with 7 different people (first of which was HR rep) over the course of 3 hours. Each interview was more relaxed, no tough questions. Just conversations about my resume and discussion about what the particular group does. I also had the opportunity to ask questions. The second part of the interview was a technical presentation I was required to give to the group. The presentation was on a topic of my choosing and it was an hour long with questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult problem you've had to solve in your current job? How did you solve it?   1 Answer