Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in February 2017.

Interview

Software Engineer, Associate Professional Staff I.

Applied online, and received an on-site interview invitation a month or two later.

APL is divided into sectors, and you'll interview with the sectors that are interested in you. Depending on the sector, group (subset of sector), and individuals you interview with, your experience will vary.

Relaxed atmosphere, most of the technical portion was formatted as a casual discussion.

I had competing offers that were soon to expire, so they kindly accelerated my process. Took ~2 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD).

Interview

Number of interviews depends on groups that are interested in you. I had 4 groups and 1 rotational group interview me. Each group had 2-3 people from different teams interview me. For lunch, a couple of engineers there ate with me. Everyone I talked to there seemed very intelligent, passionate, down to earth, and caring about innovation. There were a lot of different diverse, in-depth, projects that I felt like I could work on. They didn't schedule a break times for me, so I was interviewing from 9-6pm. Descriptions provided about the groups I would be working for did not help a lot, so I able to prepare many talking points beforehand. Moving across campus to get to different interview locations was a little confusing - but HR helped as much as they could.

Interview Questions