Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Intern

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

2.4

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. I had one phone interview and the questions that they asked were just to get to know you better and to try to make sure that you are a fit for that specfic group

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

Onsite immediately, very nice interviewer, mostly resume based questions. I was originally a high school intern so the process may be a little different now as it is easier to get into and especially stay around from a High school perspective.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

The interview process consisted of basic questionnaire of my time during school and what my plans are for the future. I interviewed with the head and second "in-charge" of the business department in contracts.

Interview Questions

• How was your school experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview. It was very straightforward. I was asked about my experience and my interests.

Interview Questions

• No questions were very difficult. Just asking for general information.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online. Heard back a couple months later through email to schedule a phone interview. Interview was less than half an hour. Just talked about a couple things on my resume, what I know or don't (yes or no questions), and explained the project to see if it's something I'd be interested in.

Interview Questions

• No particularly difficult questions. Everything was pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in January 2011.

Interview

Very informal interview. My soon-to-be group supervisor called me when I was on my way to the movies! haha. We had a nice short conversation about what our group worked on and whether they were relevant to my interests. Went very smoothly. What followed after was a simple background check and urine analysis. Not intimidating at all!

Application

Interview

For my internship position, I only had a phone interview about some technical questions. It probably wasn't much more than a half hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about relational databases and generics in Java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Columbia, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied to APL through the Johns Hopkins advance scholars program. About two months after I applied I was contacted by a department supervisor. He "interviewed" me. It was more of him describing the project that he was working on that I might be able to help out with. He told me that he wanted to hire an intern if he was able to get enough funding. The next week I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that my interviewer / eventual boss did not want to know more abou tme.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - salary based on amount of experience/ year in school.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

The interview was very honest and upfront with me about how to schedule the phone interview . It was clear from the interview that he enjoyed his time at APL and also shared with me his experience as a new hire. He was very considerate, and that he made sure that the work that they performed a APL was something I would be interested in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in January 2016.

Interview

JHUAPL came for career fair at my university. I just submit my resume and filled out a card with my interests. After I was in the system, the process took less than a month. After phone interviews with several groups, I received an invitation offer in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my course work and asked about past experiences.   1 Answer