Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Mathematician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

1 Interview Review

Mathematician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two groups for missile analysis jobs. I first spoke with a woman from HR, who was very nice and told me about the benefits of working at APL. I then gave a seminar, which went pretty well. Next, I spoke to the manager of group 1. He didn’t really ask me any questions and just went on about the larger role of the group in the organization. I then spoke with one-on-one and had lunch with members of group 1. The one-on-one conversations were very relaxed and I enjoyed speaking with the employees.

After that, I was whisked away to speak with the manager of group 2, who was similar to the other manager in talking about things that I didn’t care much about. He asked a few question, as if going off a checklist. Finally, I spoke with two members of group 2 at the same time. Unlike group 1, they were more serious and mostly spoke in broad generalities about the work, which gave me little feel for what it would be like to work there. It was a bit uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• What project that you worked on were you most proud of?   Answer Question