Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

JHU APL paid for my flight and rental car and two nights at the Doubletree. This was for a two-day interview. I presented my thesis research at 11am on the first day. Overall I met with 7 different research groups over the 2 days. Some of the research groups seemed like a good fit, others did not. I enjoyed the interview experience. No specific technical challenge questions or coding challenges, just a nice grown up discussion of my research, and their needs and how they would fit together.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really out of left field. Standard stuff asking me to describe my research and to describe situations where I had challenges and how I dealt with them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in September 2010.

Interview

There was 3 hour long interview with the manager of the electromagnetic area in which he talked and talked and talked...

Then i did my presentation. It went well. Then i went to lunch with 3 people. Then and group interview with 2 people. Then they asked me who else was i interviewing with....they said they wanted to know who was the competition. Everything went extremely well. They were very positive.....they sent me to HR to learn about benefits and pay. They said they would contact me...and that they could not wait for me to start....

Then all of a sudden they said they wanted someone with more experience...even though they knew my experience level before they setup the onsite interview.

Interview Questions