Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Systems Engineer

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

2.2

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position, and was contacted shortly thereafter for a phone interview. It lasted about 45 minutes, after which I was told that I would be hearing from from in 7-10 days about a possible on-site interview. There were very nice over the phone.

Have not heard back from them - maybe they already identified a candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with a small section of 5 people and answered questions. Then met with the group supervisor who didn't ask me many questions. I felt like it was a done deal by then.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.

Interview

After email contact with recruiter I met with several teams over the course of the day. A lot of time was spent with supervisors going over each department and the organization as a whole. Very few tough questions were asked- just standard interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager called and had a conversation about the position. Invited to interview with HR, program manager, hiring manager, and a potential coworker. Turn around to offer was extremely fast (4 days). Had another offer going into interview so they accelerated entire hiring process. Everyone was very professional.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. My experience directly related to the position so it was more "tell us about your experience with XYZ."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I had an existing offer they were pretty generous with the offer they presented to me. Tried to negotiate a little because it will be about 1.5 yrs until my 1st review, but they didn't increase offer citing how aggressive the initial offer. Did mention cash bonuses and other incentives I could obtain with outstanding performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (Laurel, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, got a call next day and phone interview 2 days later and in person interview 2 weeks later but it took them 2 month to get back to me and that was after I called 4 times to get the results. Their main issue is base salary. They do not want to pay standard industry salary. They are looking to hire very senior Engineers with a very low salary base.

Interview Questions

• mostly talk about my resume and their project and everyone asked why do you want to work for APL?   Answer Question