Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.6

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Talk about my previous project experience. And make sure I am capable of doing research. Introduce the ongoing research, and ask if I am interested in it. Told me the history and future of this research.

Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

1 hour video interview and a 2.5 hour in person interview (1 hr one-on-one, 1 hr panel, .5 hr with human resources)

After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within the week. After two weeks of no word, I reached out to the hiring manager. I received a response 5 weeks later stating that they filled the position. Very dissatisfied with the lack of follow-up/communication, especially after so many hours were invested in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As a student, what was your least favorite thing about using Blackboard? Without changing the technology, how would you advise teachers to improve student satisfaction and engagement?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Second interview is over. Waiting for call from human resource. Interviewer said it may take 2 to 6 weeks for a call if you are hired. The first interview consisted of assessment tests and interview by human resource person.

Interview Questions

• what are the changes that you want to implement in your pharmacy?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Long and needs more work in the process. Person on phone was too busy and not present to the meeting so it felt like a waste of time for me interviewing.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was standard, behavioral based questions. There were three interviews total. First a phone interview with another Senior Financial Analyst, than an onsite interview with the entire team of Senior Financial Analysts as well as the Director/Manager of the team. There was a third interview as well with the Director's boss, and the team and Manager had a few additional questions.

Overall the process was entirely too long and drawn out; taking three months total. It was basically a month in between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and/or worked with a difficult co-worker? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you've been faced with ambiguity? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you know the different between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement? Please explain.   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you would be the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Senior Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I received an offer from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. It didn't take me long to think about it and reject it. At best, it can be described as disrespectful.

I conducted the interview at their location in Baltimore, MD. I was supposed to give a presentation but they weren't prepared at all. Four important people didn't show up for the interview. They are extremely disorganized. Everything seems hectic. The people who interviewed me warned from politics inside center and this turns out to be true.

Few weeks later they offered me the job. The number was pretty insulting (less than 74 and more than 65) for someone who has a PhD with many years of experience. Their reasoning was first they don't have the money. Just imagine that JHU does not have enough resources for a reasonable salary. Second, they said the job description requires Master's and thus I should have only applied for PhD positions. They just wanted to take my PhD out of the equation although every one of their scientists team I spoke with stressed out the importance of my Education. When I mentioned that they said well we don't have the money.

I simply rejected the offer. I don't want to work at place that depends on exploiting others. Things are clear for me. If I am over qualified for the position then you should say so from the beginning and reject my candidacy. But saying that I have the necessary qualification to succeed in this job but we will not consider your education means exploitation.

Also, I felt I owe this to Statistics community in JHU. If I accept that poor offer, I would have made it harder to Master's holders to negotiate their salary.

Another tactic you should be aware of, they will always encourage you to accept the job that does have a weak salary and does not respect your education by saying that we will promote you someday to a very exciting position after you get some experience. Be aware of this trap and these empty promises. It is going to take them years before even considering any type of promotion.

I know it is easy to go blind and get too excited when you see a potential to work for a big school. Just be careful and realistic.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I saw the job ads online and applied. After applying for the position online, HR contacted me first to review my documents. After one month, a phone interview was scheduled and it took 30 mins

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Johns Hopkins University   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone from the executive director, who indicated did a screen and then indicated she wanted me to meet the team. When I went to the panel interview, which consisted of 5 people, I learned that the job I applied for no longer had funding. However, the director indicated some other positions that were available. 3 weeks went by, and no word. I finally reached the exec director, who indicated that they had lost a significant amount of funding and no positions were now available. I suspect that this was not a total surprise, and would like to have any applicants to this organization be aware of this practice so they don't waste their time.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Nothing to report in this case. The interview process varies from person to person. I took the personal training course, the exam, shadowed other trainers, had a mock training, and interviewed.

Community and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the leadership of the department and discussed my background, experience and goals with them. They explained that the position I was interested in had been filled but they were very open and encouraging about the possibility of another position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to accept another position aside from the one I had applied for.   1 Answer