Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Interviews at Johns Hopkins University

2.6

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Excellent! Everyone was very helpful and the researchers I met with were incredible. The process was very organized. Graduate students and principal investigators were welcoming.
    Principal investigators discussed their research while I was being interviewed, which was very exciting. My interviews were conducted virtually because, unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the in-person interview

Interview Questions

• What was a recent paper you read and discussed during one of your lab meetings?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR. Had an HR phone screen which was followed by a phone screen interview with the hiring manager. On the interview day, I had an in-house panel technical interview followed by take home test. Also one final one-on-one interview with hiring manager.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in March 2020.

Interview

I had a one hour Zoom interview with 3 interviewers; 2 Principal Investigators and the Research Assistant I would be replacing. They were all very nice and came prepared with questions to ask me. They were also quick to answer the questions I asked them.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous research and my skills (including statistical analysis programs I knew how to use)   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Interview

It was like most interviews at schools of this caliber. The usual, standard questions with some faculty and alumni. Overall an okay experience with a good end result thankfully

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview first with prospective manager was the first step followed by an in-person interview which was relatively informal. The nature of the work was described and I met with relevant team members.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame a challenge?   1 Answer

Interview

I was interviewed for 1 hour and 45 minutes. I was offered a position within a week. The PI was very knowledgeable and she asked me several question during my presentation.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied online, got an email about 1 month later for a phone interview. She said she would get back to me within a few weeks about whether they wanted me to come in in-person or not. I followed up twice and never even got a response.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Not too formal, it was more casual since the person interviewed me worked mostly with students. Asked why I wanted to work in this particular office/department instead of others,and how I will interact with students or professors most of my time at work... Mostly related to campus stuffs.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Submitted an application around mid-March. Heard back end of April. Emailed me a link to a reference form site. Took about 2 weeks to get cleared. Had 1 hour phone interview in end of May.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews, one in-person interview. Fairly relaxed, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was basically an opportunity to meet the physicians I was going to be working with and talk about myself while getting to know them.