Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.6

Community and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the leadership of the department and discussed my background, experience and goals with them. They explained that the position I was interested in had been filled but they were very open and encouraging about the possibility of another position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to accept another position aside from the one I had applied for.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online; knew it from the school's weekly email. The process takes about 3 months. Applied around December, got noticed for phone interview around the Begining of February. The interview is an hour long via phone. The interviewer is really nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see two students start fighting in class?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I am right now in the middle of applying/interviewing for dozens of companies and so am pretty used to the standard phone screening process. I was pleasantly surprised to be called in for a one-on-one interview with the guy who will/would be my direct supervisor. (As opposed to having a screening call, first.) After emails back and forth regarding day/time, directions, details, etc., we were on a first-name basis and exchange felt comfortable. Gave me a positive impression of how communication would be, were I to become part of the team (Disclosure: I have worked for Johns Hopkins University in the past - completely different part of the organization, different location, etc - and so I don't know if this fact maybe fast-tracked me to a one-on-one interview)

Interview Questions

• Go over your roles, responsibilities, duties, etc at your previous positions/companies   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed to work for Steve Hanke. He was abrasive but funny. He just asked questions about my resume and my interests in economics. Hardest part was getting in touch with him.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Half-day interview process, met with the team at the Baltimore MD homewood campus. Met with multiple groups of people, taken on a tour of the facilities then taken to the actual job location. I was impressed with the casual yet professional nature of the people i met.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions to the job i was applying for. Past work experiences, why i think i'd be a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well
      Answer Question

Infection Control Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I received an email after 1 week of applying to the position, i had a skype interview with the director. It was pleasant and she was very polite. Due to my inability to stay in the position for more than 2 years it was deemed to be a poor fit on their end.

Graduate Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview, followed by in person interview by director of department, hr, and some staff. required to cover travel expenses on your own

The process was terrible. the managers of the department and hr never spoke and were never on the same page. it felt like completely different conversations each time.
    the posted salary range was not actually at all what they would offer. their offer was based solely on other recent hires, not your background, or potential job. hr was not flexible at all, rude, and condescending. the majors within the department were very good and would have been great to work for. sadly hr completely messed up the experience

Interview Questions

• basic: tell me about yourself, experience in admissions, where do you see yourself in 5-10 yrs   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through an initial interview where they asked basic questions pertaining to my fit for the position, which went well. However, when they decided to move me forward they were not clear with expectations for second interview round with the PI, in which case the questions were redundant, being nearly the same as those asked in the initial interview. The interviewer seemed rather disinterested and not eager to ask questions from the start.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was swift! I was contacted within two weeks of applying for the position for a phone interview. The phone interview was in a group setting and was more of a conversation than your typical hiring manager interview questions. The explained the position and what was expected from me. I told them about myself and what I was looking to offer and gain from the position. It was followed up with an in-person interview that was more of the same plus a code review.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on in the your programming skill set?   Answer Question