Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 2, 2018

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied the position through JHU website and got an email from HR to setup in person interview. Interview Questions: What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your job?

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

One time onsite interview only. Waited for about two weeks, then the offer came.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Initial telephonic interview with manager and then a face to face interview with the Manager, Tech Lead and Associate Director

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Two technical phone screens with detailed, repetitive questions in areas such as ASP .NET MVC development, web development, SQL Server, etc. In-person programming test composed of creating three SQL Server queries against the AdventureWorks sample database and an ASP .NET MVC challenge involving adding a new field to a form and storing it in SQL Server using Entity Framework.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between VARCHAR and NVARCHAR in SQL Server?   Answer Question
    • How would you use the PARTITION functions in SQL Server?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a string length limit of an object field in ASP .NET MVC/Entity Framework?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I applied for 22 jobs and was contacted to interview for 1 about a month later. Everyone was extreme nice. The interview started out with HR telling me about all of the benefits. I completed a technical worksheet. After being interviewed by the HR I was interviewed by 2 lab managers. I walked through the lab for a tour.

Interview Questions

This was an awesome opportunity. I decided to move out of state.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

reach at 12:00 pm, talk in a small room, first i describe myself, where i came from, what i like , why i apply this job , what i can do for the job .then he ask about what i can do, what i want to do. and say some thing about the job, what should do of the job. that's all. that's all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it's easy

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I applied via the JHU website directly. The manager sent me an email about my interest in the position and the position was described in greater detail over the phone; the manager told me that my resume would be passed on to other managers to determine if I would get an interview. I eventually received a call to schedule an interview: I was given a tour of the lab first and was interviewed by a panel of 6-7 people. Some were nice and friendly, others were a little more assertive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2007.

Interview

After placing application on line, received a phone call requesting a personal interview with the person in charge of the department. During the interview, questions such as, how long was I in this line of work; why was I leaving my current job. The person gave an overview of what was expected from the successful candidate. Overall, very relaxed, even called me afterwards to explain why they would not hire me. Great feedback.

Interview Questions

• If you are offered gifts to change a record to increase enrollment, would you do it?   1 Answer
    • If your supervisor told you to do something that you know is wrong, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

The initial recruitment for this position came as an e-mail from the current clinical research coordinator to my academic program. I forwarded my resume and was asked to travel to Baltimore for an in-person interview with the current coordinator and the research supervisor. The interview was relatively brief, both interviewers stated that they hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, and concluded with a tour of the department. I followed up several times via e-mail and phone and was told that a decision was still being made. Two months following my interview and having heard nothing, I made another inquiry only to be told that someone else had been hired. The supervisor mentioned that several other research coordinator positions were available and encouraged me to apply for them. I traveled to Baltimore again and met with the supervisor and the principal investigator. I discussed the available positions with the Principal Investigator for 45 minutes and was told that a decision would be made by the end of the week. After hearing nothing at the end of the week, I inquired as to the decision timetable and was told that I would have a decision by that Friday. Again, I heard nothing and waited another week before asking again. I was made to feel that I was bothering them for trying to get an answer after being given a decision timetable and was told that I would hear something soon, that was eight weeks ago. Overall, it was a negative experience with extremely poor communication. I do not expect to be treated like a nuisance when I am following up after being given a decision timeline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Very awkward, the interviewer was late to the interview and just read off questions, didn't engage at all. It felt like she didn't care about the interview or the passion I had for previous work endeavors. I felt like I just wasted my time going to this interview.