Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2018

2.6

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Fair questions. Great interaction with panel of 2. Had it after hours at my request. Sent me a personal email to say they found a candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions

• How would they know if I was having a bad day!   1 Answer

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online. After approximately a month, the lab manager emailed me about the interview. The interview was conducted by all the members in the lab and they ask you various questions. Then the principal investigator talks with you one on one and discusses more about the position.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

There's actually no interview in my department... I believe some departments would have some professors talk to you about the post but this is not the case in my department. You just need to submit your resume & wait for their final decisions. My professors recommended me so I automatically became a TA.

Camp Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

The interview is easy, over the phone, small write up required and you will need to pass background check. just have a good reason for applying and they'll hire you.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember, it was all straightforward though   Answer Question

Summer Health Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone and was asked a series of logistical questions such as if I had car insurance, if I was at least 21 years old, and if I had my BLS CPR certification.

Interview Questions

• To your knowledge, what is your scope of practice as a health assistant?   1 Answer

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied online. Call within 2 weeks. Set up an 4-person interview panel in person in Baltimore. Went on the day scheduled and the scheduler told me the wrong day. Had to come back the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were bored in your job that you had for 15 years, then will you be bored in this job (that is 5-year contract)?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Talk about my previous project experience. And make sure I am capable of doing research. Introduce the ongoing research, and ask if I am interested in it. Told me the history and future of this research.

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I applied via the JHU website directly. The manager sent me an email about my interest in the position and the position was described in greater detail over the phone; the manager told me that my resume would be passed on to other managers to determine if I would get an interview. I eventually received a call to schedule an interview: I was given a tour of the lab first and was interviewed by a panel of 6-7 people. Some were nice and friendly, others were a little more assertive.

Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

1 hour video interview and a 2.5 hour in person interview (1 hr one-on-one, 1 hr panel, .5 hr with human resources)

After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within the week. After two weeks of no word, I reached out to the hiring manager. I received a response 5 weeks later stating that they filled the position. Very dissatisfied with the lack of follow-up/communication, especially after so many hours were invested in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As a student, what was your least favorite thing about using Blackboard? Without changing the technology, how would you advise teachers to improve student satisfaction and engagement?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Walked over to his office, he took me to his lab and we had our interview there.
    Wasn't too long nor too short.
    Professor was very friendly and wasn't afraid to show me around the lab during the interview.