Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied online. Call within 2 weeks. Set up an 4-person interview panel in person in Baltimore. Went on the day scheduled and the scheduler told me the wrong day. Had to come back the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were bored in your job that you had for 15 years, then will you be bored in this job (that is 5-year contract)?   Answer Question

Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

1 hour video interview and a 2.5 hour in person interview (1 hr one-on-one, 1 hr panel, .5 hr with human resources)

After the interview, I was told that I would hear back within the week. After two weeks of no word, I reached out to the hiring manager. I received a response 5 weeks later stating that they filled the position. Very dissatisfied with the lack of follow-up/communication, especially after so many hours were invested in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As a student, what was your least favorite thing about using Blackboard? Without changing the technology, how would you advise teachers to improve student satisfaction and engagement?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Second interview is over. Waiting for call from human resource. Interviewer said it may take 2 to 6 weeks for a call if you are hired. The first interview consisted of assessment tests and interview by human resource person.

Interview Questions

• what are the changes that you want to implement in your pharmacy?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was standard, behavioral based questions. There were three interviews total. First a phone interview with another Senior Financial Analyst, than an onsite interview with the entire team of Senior Financial Analysts as well as the Director/Manager of the team. There was a third interview as well with the Director's boss, and the team and Manager had a few additional questions.

Overall the process was entirely too long and drawn out; taking three months total. It was basically a month in between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and/or worked with a difficult co-worker? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you've been faced with ambiguity? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you know the different between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement? Please explain.   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you would be the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I saw the job ads online and applied. After applying for the position online, HR contacted me first to review my documents. After one month, a phone interview was scheduled and it took 30 mins

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Johns Hopkins University   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone from the executive director, who indicated did a screen and then indicated she wanted me to meet the team. When I went to the panel interview, which consisted of 5 people, I learned that the job I applied for no longer had funding. However, the director indicated some other positions that were available. 3 weeks went by, and no word. I finally reached the exec director, who indicated that they had lost a significant amount of funding and no positions were now available. I suspect that this was not a total surprise, and would like to have any applicants to this organization be aware of this practice so they don't waste their time.

Community and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the leadership of the department and discussed my background, experience and goals with them. They explained that the position I was interested in had been filled but they were very open and encouraging about the possibility of another position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to accept another position aside from the one I had applied for.   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I am right now in the middle of applying/interviewing for dozens of companies and so am pretty used to the standard phone screening process. I was pleasantly surprised to be called in for a one-on-one interview with the guy who will/would be my direct supervisor. (As opposed to having a screening call, first.) After emails back and forth regarding day/time, directions, details, etc., we were on a first-name basis and exchange felt comfortable. Gave me a positive impression of how communication would be, were I to become part of the team (Disclosure: I have worked for Johns Hopkins University in the past - completely different part of the organization, different location, etc - and so I don't know if this fact maybe fast-tracked me to a one-on-one interview)

Interview Questions

• Go over your roles, responsibilities, duties, etc at your previous positions/companies   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Half-day interview process, met with the team at the Baltimore MD homewood campus. Met with multiple groups of people, taken on a tour of the facilities then taken to the actual job location. I was impressed with the casual yet professional nature of the people i met.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions to the job i was applying for. Past work experiences, why i think i'd be a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well   Answer Question