Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I saw the job ads online and applied. After applying for the position online, HR contacted me first to review my documents. After one month, a phone interview was scheduled and it took 30 mins

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to Johns Hopkins University   1 Answer

Community and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the leadership of the department and discussed my background, experience and goals with them. They explained that the position I was interested in had been filled but they were very open and encouraging about the possibility of another position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to accept another position aside from the one I had applied for.   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I am right now in the middle of applying/interviewing for dozens of companies and so am pretty used to the standard phone screening process. I was pleasantly surprised to be called in for a one-on-one interview with the guy who will/would be my direct supervisor. (As opposed to having a screening call, first.) After emails back and forth regarding day/time, directions, details, etc., we were on a first-name basis and exchange felt comfortable. Gave me a positive impression of how communication would be, were I to become part of the team (Disclosure: I have worked for Johns Hopkins University in the past - completely different part of the organization, different location, etc - and so I don't know if this fact maybe fast-tracked me to a one-on-one interview)

Interview Questions

• Go over your roles, responsibilities, duties, etc at your previous positions/companies   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Half-day interview process, met with the team at the Baltimore MD homewood campus. Met with multiple groups of people, taken on a tour of the facilities then taken to the actual job location. I was impressed with the casual yet professional nature of the people i met.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions to the job i was applying for. Past work experiences, why i think i'd be a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well
      Answer Question

Infection Control Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I received an email after 1 week of applying to the position, i had a skype interview with the director. It was pleasant and she was very polite. Due to my inability to stay in the position for more than 2 years it was deemed to be a poor fit on their end.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through an initial interview where they asked basic questions pertaining to my fit for the position, which went well. However, when they decided to move me forward they were not clear with expectations for second interview round with the PI, in which case the questions were redundant, being nearly the same as those asked in the initial interview. The interviewer seemed rather disinterested and not eager to ask questions from the start.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Three total interviews: one phone and two in person. Relatively straightforward and not too technical. The interview process did take a long time as it took over 5 weeks total, to include each interview and additional screenings.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to meet two deadlines that you could notry meet.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. We went over everything that was in my resume. Then we went on to discuss my future plans with my life. Then we went through my resume again. She told she was at the very beginning and that if I was chosen she would return my call for an interview. The line of questioning made the phone interview slightly difficult considering that I had to explain a resume in its entirety as if I did not provide one, and she missed and mixed up most of my experiences. Most of the call was spent trying to clarify my resume and the flow and my actual experience despite it being in a one page resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did I come to Baltimore?   1 Answer
    • How do I plan to go to school full time and work full time considering this position would be 8:30-9?   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose John Hopkins and and what are my future plans?   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard from HR a couple of weeks later offering to set up a 1:1 phone interview. Did the phone interview, very typical questions. Told I would hear back within a week - week and a half, which I did. I was offered a chance to come in for a interview. It was from 12:00-3:30 and took place on two different campuses. The Eastern campus had me sit with HR and go over typical questions.. explain a time when this happened and then had me do a Excel, Word and proof reading test. These were not what I was expecting because you can only perform the task the way the test wants you to, so forget and short-cuts you know. After that I had 30 min to get to the other campus but of course construction blocked the road, this was very frustrating. One guy was sick so I met with 3 people in total, 2 other administrative coordinators who were very nice and the higher up I would be working for. They were all very nice but within a week I received an email that they would be perusing someone else.