Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through a round of interviews there and had an unpleasant experience with an hr person. I could tell she didn't see the value in interviewing me and told me, in fact, that some of the experience listed on my resume was irrelevant. Throughout the interview she never smiled and seemed confused/not open to anything I had to say. She even rated my responses on a numerical scale in front of me, in plain view.

When I was finally declined, the response I received was copy and pasted in different fonts. It was a pretty disheartening experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to challenge authority.   Answer Question

How IS the Hiring Process Set-up? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After over 500+ resumes & job applications but never a call back or interview I am 100% confused with how JHHS & JHU handle the recruitment process. I could totally understand if I were applying for positions I'm unqualified for but that is so not the case here. I don't get it, am frustrated and am turned off.

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied online. Call within 2 weeks. Set up an 4-person interview panel in person in Baltimore. Went on the day scheduled and the scheduler told me the wrong day. Had to come back the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were bored in your job that you had for 15 years, then will you be bored in this job (that is 5-year contract)?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. We went over everything that was in my resume. Then we went on to discuss my future plans with my life. Then we went through my resume again. She told she was at the very beginning and that if I was chosen she would return my call for an interview. The line of questioning made the phone interview slightly difficult considering that I had to explain a resume in its entirety as if I did not provide one, and she missed and mixed up most of my experiences. Most of the call was spent trying to clarify my resume and the flow and my actual experience despite it being in a one page resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did I come to Baltimore?   1 Answer
    • How do I plan to go to school full time and work full time considering this position would be 8:30-9?   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose John Hopkins and and what are my future plans?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

The application process is straight forward. Submit a resume and cover letter. If you are selected for an interview, you are asked to submit a lesson plan and then you must discuss the plan in your scripted phone interview. You will be asked many questions about pedagogy and teaching style. You will also be asked about many hypothetical situations in the classroom, including discipline and other conduct issues.

MSE CBID Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Corvallis, OR).

Interview

Skype interview with Johns Hopkins professor and alumni of the program. Mostly behavioral questions and a few questions about my research experiences. Overall both interviewers were very friendly and easy to communicate with. Near the end they asked some tricky questions regarding the entrepreneurial aspect of the program and its ties to developing countries, which was the most difficult part of the interview

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your past research to a developing country and why?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Director of Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Several initial screenings and phone interviews. Invited me for a full day (9am - 4pm) spent meeting with a dozen or so people at all levels. Felt it went very well. Everyone was very friendly and positive and encouraging. Was very surprised when I was told I was not moving forward in the process, based on my experiences during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a gift that you didn't close and why it didn't work out.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

First half of the interview was behavioral asking mainly about experiences on my resume. Second half I was asked to answer a few questions on a whiteboard about some signal processing.

Interview Questions

• What does a pulse wave look like in the frequency domain   Answer Question

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Found the job through staffing agency. Great workplace, very kind staff and managers. An overall pleasant experience even though I didn't get the job. They kind of overdid it with an almost 2 hour interview, made me repeat the same things to almost all of the staff, since they interviewed me seperately, but I guess it's just how they work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an unhappy customer on the phone. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions about this company?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

They required two writing samples, one phone interview in French, followed by an in person interview in English in front of a panel. They didn't seem to know what it was they were looking for, and were stalling on hiring someone because funding for the project hadn't yet come through.