Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

211 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

M S In Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Be ready for common questions

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through a round of interviews there and had an unpleasant experience with an hr person. I could tell she didn't see the value in interviewing me and told me, in fact, that some of the experience listed on my resume was irrelevant. Throughout the interview she never smiled and seemed confused/not open to anything I had to say. She even rated my responses on a numerical scale in front of me, in plain view.

When I was finally declined, the response I received was copy and pasted in different fonts. It was a pretty disheartening experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to challenge authority.   Answer Question

How IS the Hiring Process Set-up? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After over 500+ resumes & job applications but never a call back or interview I am 100% confused with how JHHS & JHU handle the recruitment process. I could totally understand if I were applying for positions I'm unqualified for but that is so not the case here. I don't get it, am frustrated and am turned off.

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Applied online. Call within 2 weeks. Set up an 4-person interview panel in person in Baltimore. Went on the day scheduled and the scheduler told me the wrong day. Had to come back the next day.

Interview Questions

• If you were bored in your job that you had for 15 years, then will you be bored in this job (that is 5-year contract)?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Skype and/or in-person interview with multiple professors, each lasting half an hour each. Time table given in the beginning of the day and follow through with breaks for lunch and lab

Interview Questions

• How do you justify changing your field of study and how will you cope?   Answer Question

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied in writing with CV and cover letter. Made a follow-up telephone call. After about 3 weeks, was asked for a telephone interview. This was not particularly friendly. One person was very aggressive. Kept alleging that I had made mistakes in my past career. But that made me comfortable to be just as aggressive in my replies.

Interview Questions

• Why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Diffusion Tensor Imaging Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen occurred first testing behavioral fit, more than anything else. Next, Technical Screen tested skills but mostly focused on neuroanatomy and neuroscience knowledge rather than neuroimaging programming expertise. Live Interview (3 hours with DTIStudio software) focused almost exclusively on neuroimaging coding expertise, particularly with C++, Java, and Python, specifically DIPY package for diffusion tensor imaging for Python.

Interview Questions

• What brute force method would you use to improve a particularly bad (null values) image scan's skull-stripping function? In what programming language and why??   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in February 2016.

Interview

The process is very long. It includes 2 interviews: one with the immediate supervisor and manager and one with HR Rep. It was very frustrating due to poor communication. I keep giving them information they needed for references and they continued to call a lot trying to get my work references straight. Off never had any place have as much difficulty just checking a reference. But I assumed it was just an indication of their thoroughness. I was wrong.

Interview Questions

• Some of our areas are very dirty. Do you mind getting dirty?   1 Answer
    • Occasionally you may have to unplug a toilet. do you mind unplugging a toilet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would ask how the training process would work because I haven't a clue right now. There isn't a good process in place and I feel left out. When I ask questions I feel wrong for doing so. If they aren't clear, don't take the job. I wish I hadn't.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in April 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview. We went over everything that was in my resume. Then we went on to discuss my future plans with my life. Then we went through my resume again. She told she was at the very beginning and that if I was chosen she would return my call for an interview. The line of questioning made the phone interview slightly difficult considering that I had to explain a resume in its entirety as if I did not provide one, and she missed and mixed up most of my experiences. Most of the call was spent trying to clarify my resume and the flow and my actual experience despite it being in a one page resume.

Interview Questions

• Why did I come to Baltimore?   1 Answer
    • How do I plan to go to school full time and work full time considering this position would be 8:30-9?   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose John Hopkins and and what are my future plans?   1 Answer

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview began with test on the computer, which I was led to believe was very difficult. I found the test to be fairly easy. Next came the face to face interview with two managers, one consultant, and one

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult project you had?   1 Answer