Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.7

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in November 2016.

Interview

There were job offers that circulate on listservs. People always need research assistants. They met with me to get a sense of my work ethic and interests. I did not have much experience but proved I could learn it on the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with qualitative data analysis?   Answer Question

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Bozeman, MT) in January 2017.

Interview

Simply phone call. Asked a few questions about my teaching experience, thoughts on teaching and my education. It was incredibly easy and I was told I was considered a top candidate for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was my degree?   1 Answer
    • How many years had I been teaching?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Skype and/or in-person interview with multiple professors, each lasting half an hour each. Time table given in the beginning of the day and follow through with breaks for lunch and lab

Interview Questions

• How do you justify changing your field of study and how will you cope?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Second interview is over. Waiting for call from human resource. Interviewer said it may take 2 to 6 weeks for a call if you are hired. The first interview consisted of assessment tests and interview by human resource person.

Interview Questions

• what are the changes that you want to implement in your pharmacy?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

Very straightforward. Received a call about the position after application.
    I believe that that application and recommendations are the main factors for basic internship offers here. So be sure to send a resume and cover letter that highlights your interests in the specific field and research position you are looking for.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a long process, but it was worthwhile because I had the opportunity to meet everyone on the team and understand the workings of the office and the culture.

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied in writing with CV and cover letter. Made a follow-up telephone call. After about 3 weeks, was asked for a telephone interview. This was not particularly friendly. One person was very aggressive. Kept alleging that I had made mistakes in my past career. But that made me comfortable to be just as aggressive in my replies.

Interview Questions

• Why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

It is a standard 3 day process with 4-5 interviews with professors on one day. Other parts include engaging with older students who also provide feed back of their interactions to a committee. There are also several lunches and dinners planned to help students talk to any faculty of their interests.

Interview Questions

• Specifics about my research work and general questions about research in general, and my scientific interests   1 Answer

Faculty Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in June 2017.

Interview

A 45-min phone interview followed by a 15-min phone interview within the same week. The flow was organized and the questions were very technique- and experience-focused. During the first interview, the interviewer provided a detailed description on the job and the expected duties of the position as well as the work team.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about how you think you fit with the posted job?   Answer Question
    • Q: What have been the reasons that you were unable to meet a deadline at work?   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I sent in my resume through the JHU job posting webpage. I was applying to one of the labs on campus. After a few days the PI emailed me asking to schedule an interview. About 2 weeks after my initial application I was working in the lab. At the time the lab needed to hire quickly, which probably helped with how quickly I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with PCRs or handling mice?   1 Answer