Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Community and Government Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the leadership of the department and discussed my background, experience and goals with them. They explained that the position I was interested in had been filled but they were very open and encouraging about the possibility of another position.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to accept another position aside from the one I had applied for.   1 Answer

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

-I got an email requesting to meet in person with the professor for the interview.
    -We arranged a day to meet in person, and the professor gave me a tour of the lab and even introduced me to some of the lab members
    -The professor told me about the current research in the lab and the funding, also what they were looking for
    -They were also impressed that I wanted to pursue my PhD later , and they said that this job would help me in getting a good experience in research
    -Then I had to meet again on another day with the PI of the lab, she asked me basic questions about my past experiences

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in March 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone because I had worked with JHU CTY a year prior in a different location. The interview was not that lengthy. overall, it was a good experience

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online; knew it from the school's weekly email. The process takes about 3 months. Applied around December, got noticed for phone interview around the Begining of February. The interview is an hour long via phone. The interviewer is really nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see two students start fighting in class?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I am right now in the middle of applying/interviewing for dozens of companies and so am pretty used to the standard phone screening process. I was pleasantly surprised to be called in for a one-on-one interview with the guy who will/would be my direct supervisor. (As opposed to having a screening call, first.) After emails back and forth regarding day/time, directions, details, etc., we were on a first-name basis and exchange felt comfortable. Gave me a positive impression of how communication would be, were I to become part of the team (Disclosure: I have worked for Johns Hopkins University in the past - completely different part of the organization, different location, etc - and so I don't know if this fact maybe fast-tracked me to a one-on-one interview)

Interview Questions

• Go over your roles, responsibilities, duties, etc at your previous positions/companies   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed to work for Steve Hanke. He was abrasive but funny. He just asked questions about my resume and my interests in economics. Hardest part was getting in touch with him.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Bozeman, MT) in January 2017.

Interview

Simply phone call. Asked a few questions about my teaching experience, thoughts on teaching and my education. It was incredibly easy and I was told I was considered a top candidate for employment.

Interview Questions

• What was my degree?   1 Answer
    • How many years had I been teaching?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Half-day interview process, met with the team at the Baltimore MD homewood campus. Met with multiple groups of people, taken on a tour of the facilities then taken to the actual job location. I was impressed with the casual yet professional nature of the people i met.

Interview Questions

• Relevant questions to the job i was applying for. Past work experiences, why i think i'd be a good fit etc.   Answer Question

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well   Answer Question

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in November 2016.

Interview

There were job offers that circulate on listservs. People always need research assistants. They met with me to get a sense of my work ethic and interests. I did not have much experience but proved I could learn it on the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with qualitative data analysis?   Answer Question