Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.6

Center for Talented Youth Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

There were two sections: First was about my past experiences with leadership, experience in the position, etc., meanwhile the second section involved how I would respond under certain situations relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you overcame severe obstacles, and how did you grow as a result?   Answer Question

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well   Answer Question

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in November 2016.

Interview

There were job offers that circulate on listservs. People always need research assistants. They met with me to get a sense of my work ethic and interests. I did not have much experience but proved I could learn it on the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with qualitative data analysis?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Standard fitting in questions. Pretty quick, painless, and fitting to expectations. The interviewer was extremely kind, patient, and gracious towards me. There is very little to no pressure during the interviewing session.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to certain situations
      previous work experiences   Answer Question

Infection Control Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I received an email after 1 week of applying to the position, i had a skype interview with the director. It was pleasant and she was very polite. Due to my inability to stay in the position for more than 2 years it was deemed to be a poor fit on their end.

Graduate Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

phone interview, followed by in person interview by director of department, hr, and some staff. required to cover travel expenses on your own

The process was terrible. the managers of the department and hr never spoke and were never on the same page. it felt like completely different conversations each time.
    the posted salary range was not actually at all what they would offer. their offer was based solely on other recent hires, not your background, or potential job. hr was not flexible at all, rude, and condescending. the majors within the department were very good and would have been great to work for. sadly hr completely messed up the experience

Interview Questions

• basic: tell me about yourself, experience in admissions, where do you see yourself in 5-10 yrs   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a long process, but it was worthwhile because I had the opportunity to meet everyone on the team and understand the workings of the office and the culture.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through an initial interview where they asked basic questions pertaining to my fit for the position, which went well. However, when they decided to move me forward they were not clear with expectations for second interview round with the PI, in which case the questions were redundant, being nearly the same as those asked in the initial interview. The interviewer seemed rather disinterested and not eager to ask questions from the start.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was swift! I was contacted within two weeks of applying for the position for a phone interview. The phone interview was in a group setting and was more of a conversation than your typical hiring manager interview questions. The explained the position and what was expected from me. I told them about myself and what I was looking to offer and gain from the position. It was followed up with an in-person interview that was more of the same plus a code review.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects have you worked on in the your programming skill set?   Answer Question

Student Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with an email requiring me to write back with answers to the questions posed. based on my answers, I was offered the position. I then had to physically meet the employer before signing the employment contract.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle hypothetical scenarios on the job.   1 Answer