Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in February 2016.

Interview

The process is very long. It includes 2 interviews: one with the immediate supervisor and manager and one with HR Rep. It was very frustrating due to poor communication. I keep giving them information they needed for references and they continued to call a lot trying to get my work references straight. Off never had any place have as much difficulty just checking a reference. But I assumed it was just an indication of their thoroughness. I was wrong.

Interview Questions

• Some of our areas are very dirty. Do you mind getting dirty?   1 Answer
    • Occasionally you may have to unplug a toilet. do you mind unplugging a toilet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would ask how the training process would work because I haven't a clue right now. There isn't a good process in place and I feel left out. When I ask questions I feel wrong for doing so. If they aren't clear, don't take the job. I wish I hadn't.

Maintenance Technician HVAC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

I was called about an opening and was asked to interview. I went through a 2 part interview with the direct supervisor and manager. Then I had to wait for background checks and reference checks. This took about 2 mos. or more to get an offer.

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

After applying online, it took a few weeks for HR to forward on all of the applications/resumes to the hiring department. Once that occurred, I had an initial phone screen with one of the hiring managers. I was then asked to come into Baltimore for an in-personal panel interview (3 individuals). They narrowed down the candidates and had the last few come in again to meet with yet another investigator for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about education and prior research experience. Some behavioral questions about ones strengths and weaknesses, how you would handle a difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a few other offers on the table and was able to negotiate my salary upwards (a little).

Library Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Several weeks after applying to another, similar position, I was contacted by HR to set up an in-person interview on campus. The interview consisted of a panel meeting with what I believe was the hiring committee, followed by a discussion with potential coworkers. I had been told that there would be a tour of the department, but was not offered one during the interview. The whole process took about 1 1/2 hours.

Intern Interview

Interview

I sat down with the museum staff. It was fairly quick and felt more like a conversation than an interview. They asked me about my previous experience and why I was interested in the Homewood Museum.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Was recommended by a friend. Touched base with the Field Director and got an immediate response to schedule a phone interview. Spoke on the phone and formally introduced myself and was scheduled to participate in an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about this position and what makes you qualified.   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about public health and evidence based practices?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was given an offer with salary requirements. They were willing to negotiate as long as you have the credentials.

Research Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was straight forward, receiving information about the position, and describing myself and skill set. The in-person was relaxed but still professional, like a college setting. I met with the HR recruiter, manager, and other lab technicians, and toured the facilities. Within a four days I received a call back.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest weakness?
      What was your favorite and not so favorite course in college?
      Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with the manager of the department. She asked basic interview questions, was fairly harmless. I stumbled a few times, but they don't seem to care much so long as you seem really interested in the position.

Second interview was intense! Was 10 minutes late due to being lost. I had to come in for three group interviews for the day, which lasted 3 hours. Met all of the important department staff. Once I completed that, they told me to expect an answer within two weeks.

Roughly 10 days later (including the weekend), I was contacted via email by HR to come in for one final interview. The following say after the HR interview, I was offered a salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, it was significantly more than I make now so I couldn't complain.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

You specify which PIs you're interested in talking to and they setup 3 of them to interview with. You get about half an hour talking to each one. It's basically to just make sure you're actually interested and you match the application you put forth. If you made it this far, you should be good to get in.

Clinical Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with potential employer to see what kind of fit the job had. It wasn't a good fit, so she will pass my resume on to those folks who will be more likely to use my job skill set. Very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had at Johns Hopkins, what are your main skills?   1 Answer