Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Found the job through staffing agency. Great workplace, very kind staff and managers. An overall pleasant experience even though I didn't get the job. They kind of overdid it with an almost 2 hour interview, made me repeat the same things to almost all of the staff, since they interviewed me seperately, but I guess it's just how they work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had an unhappy customer on the phone. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions about this company?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

They required two writing samples, one phone interview in French, followed by an in person interview in English in front of a panel. They didn't seem to know what it was they were looking for, and were stalling on hiring someone because funding for the project hadn't yet come through.

Lab Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I applied via the JHU website directly. The manager sent me an email about my interest in the position and the position was described in greater detail over the phone; the manager told me that my resume would be passed on to other managers to determine if I would get an interview. I eventually received a call to schedule an interview: I was given a tour of the lab first and was interviewed by a panel of 6-7 people. Some were nice and friendly, others were a little more assertive.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was standard, behavioral based questions. There were three interviews total. First a phone interview with another Senior Financial Analyst, than an onsite interview with the entire team of Senior Financial Analysts as well as the Director/Manager of the team. There was a third interview as well with the Director's boss, and the team and Manager had a few additional questions.

Overall the process was entirely too long and drawn out; taking three months total. It was basically a month in between each interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a conflict and/or worked with a difficult co-worker? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you've been faced with ambiguity? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you know the different between the Balance Sheet and Income Statement? Please explain.   Answer Question
    • Tell me why you would be the best candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted by phone from the executive director, who indicated did a screen and then indicated she wanted me to meet the team. When I went to the panel interview, which consisted of 5 people, I learned that the job I applied for no longer had funding. However, the director indicated some other positions that were available. 3 weeks went by, and no word. I finally reached the exec director, who indicated that they had lost a significant amount of funding and no positions were now available. I suspect that this was not a total surprise, and would like to have any applicants to this organization be aware of this practice so they don't waste their time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in March 2017.

Interview

It was over the phone because I had worked with JHU CTY a year prior in a different location. The interview was not that lengthy. overall, it was a good experience

Research Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

-I got an email requesting to meet in person with the professor for the interview.
    -We arranged a day to meet in person, and the professor gave me a tour of the lab and even introduced me to some of the lab members
    -The professor told me about the current research in the lab and the funding, also what they were looking for
    -They were also impressed that I wanted to pursue my PhD later , and they said that this job would help me in getting a good experience in research
    -Then I had to meet again on another day with the PI of the lab, she asked me basic questions about my past experiences

Ra Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in November 2016.

Interview

There were job offers that circulate on listservs. People always need research assistants. They met with me to get a sense of my work ethic and interests. I did not have much experience but proved I could learn it on the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with qualitative data analysis?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Second interview is over. Waiting for call from human resource. Interviewer said it may take 2 to 6 weeks for a call if you are hired. The first interview consisted of assessment tests and interview by human resource person.

Interview Questions

• what are the changes that you want to implement in your pharmacy?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

It is a standard 3 day process with 4-5 interviews with professors on one day. Other parts include engaging with older students who also provide feed back of their interactions to a committee. There are also several lunches and dinners planned to help students talk to any faculty of their interests.

Interview Questions

• Specifics about my research work and general questions about research in general, and my scientific interests   1 Answer