Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online; knew it from the school's weekly email. The process takes about 3 months. Applied around December, got noticed for phone interview around the Begining of February. The interview is an hour long via phone. The interviewer is really nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you see two students start fighting in class?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I am right now in the middle of applying/interviewing for dozens of companies and so am pretty used to the standard phone screening process. I was pleasantly surprised to be called in for a one-on-one interview with the guy who will/would be my direct supervisor. (As opposed to having a screening call, first.) After emails back and forth regarding day/time, directions, details, etc., we were on a first-name basis and exchange felt comfortable. Gave me a positive impression of how communication would be, were I to become part of the team (Disclosure: I have worked for Johns Hopkins University in the past - completely different part of the organization, different location, etc - and so I don't know if this fact maybe fast-tracked me to a one-on-one interview)

Interview Questions

• Go over your roles, responsibilities, duties, etc at your previous positions/companies   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very smooth. Typical presentation with faculty members asking questions about your research and possible interactions with the project at Hopkins. I will definitely will recommend to study the research going on at the specific Department where you are applying and how your current research can be connected to the research that is done in the Department.

Senior Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Telephone interview then in person interview. It was a position working for surgeons and it was probably one of the worst interview I went on in awhile. Both surgeons weren't friendly at all. The expectations for the position and what they are paying plus having to work with unpleasant people was not worth it.

Interview Questions

• The doctor had me write how I would type a letter up and I had to get on the computer and
      Make graphs for him as well
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Not professional, just reading out questions and writing down my answers. Not friendly. Not cordial, did not ask if I needed water or showed where the rest room was, where I was to park my car, if the location was accessible by sub way etc. I was not impressed with the company.

Infection Control Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I received an email after 1 week of applying to the position, i had a skype interview with the director. It was pleasant and she was very polite. Due to my inability to stay in the position for more than 2 years it was deemed to be a poor fit on their end.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

I went through an initial interview where they asked basic questions pertaining to my fit for the position, which went well. However, when they decided to move me forward they were not clear with expectations for second interview round with the PI, in which case the questions were redundant, being nearly the same as those asked in the initial interview. The interviewer seemed rather disinterested and not eager to ask questions from the start.

Academic Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person first and then by two at once. After that I was interviewed by 3 additional people. It was to much no over the top for the type of position it was. Then it took another month to finally hear back. Whole process took way too long.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about half an hour, asked a few questions about prior work experience, career goals, and my education. Because this job was focused on the Johns Hopkins center for Talented Youth they asked about prior work experience related to education, specifically with children.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University.

Interview

Submit app, phone interview, acceptance/decline email

Review the course you want to sign up beforehand in depth
    Go over basic questions for general interview
    Apply early and have creative answers
    It is a phone interview-so make sure your phone is charged

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CTY?
      What activity would you have for this class?
      Answer Question