Johns Hopkins University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Brief - asked about my previous research. They assumed they knew everything about me from my CV - this was a terrible assumption. They were more interested in telling me about what they do and everything I could become involved with. If I could go back, I would ask about previous post-docs (what they did, how long they were there, frequency of publication, why they left, and what they are doing now) and I wouldn't take the job without a career development plan.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked difficult questions - explain this project, how did you do that, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the minimum post-doc salary. This was a 20% pay cut for me. I said I can't take a 20% pay cut and they came up to my current salary. I have received a 2% raise each year.

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

My interviews were conducted over Skype, approximately 2 weeks apart. I presented work from my doctoral thesis, answered a few scientific and personal questions, and was given the opportunity to pose questions. The whole process was casual and unassuming.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very smooth. Typical presentation with faculty members asking questions about your research and possible interactions with the project at Hopkins. I will definitely will recommend to study the research going on at the specific Department where you are applying and how your current research can be connected to the research that is done in the Department.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I was referred by my boss from my previous postdoctoral position in Johns Hopkins University. I was invited to come and talk to my potential employer, and Research Associate from the same lab and present my previous research on the lab meeting. Everything went smoothly and I got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - mostly about my research and skills and future plans.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I was first recruited through an international meeting and then invited to visit the department. It was a casual visit to discuss prospects and future prospects. Also met other support personnel, and the department did a great job of hosting

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

1 hour presentation with questions. Then meeting with various group members and asking them questions and answering their questions. Went to lunch with the group members had very positive impressions about the group members. Overall a standard post-doc interview, nothing too challenging.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scientific questions about my project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

phone interview was processed first, and onsite interview was conducted. All researchers were very hard working and excellent

Interview Questions

• I didn't have to deal with difficult questions since they evaluated me based on my research and presentations   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University in January 2010.

Interview

there was no difficult questions. it's typical interview; presentation, talk with lab members, one to one talk with boss at the end. the nice thing was that they compensated all the travel and hotel fees.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2013.

Interview

Skype for oversee interview. You are expected to present your graduate work to the professor. After that, you will be asked some questions. Finally, you can ask questions regarding the lab etc. The whole process is not hard. For those who are good at scientific presentation, it is very easy. However, for those whose first language is not English, it will be a little bit stressful. Although the process is almost the same, the personalities of both the candidate and the professor will be a key issue for this interview.