Johns Hopkins University Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johns Hopkins University Software Engineer Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Two technical phone screens with detailed, repetitive questions in areas such as ASP .NET MVC development, web development, SQL Server, etc. In-person programming test composed of creating three SQL Server queries against the AdventureWorks sample database and an ASP .NET MVC challenge involving adding a new field to a form and storing it in SQL Server using Entity Framework.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between VARCHAR and NVARCHAR in SQL Server?   Answer Question
  • How would you use the PARTITION functions in SQL Server?   Answer Question
  • How would you implement a string length limit of an object field in ASP .NET MVC/Entity Framework?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johns Hopkins University

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied the position through JHU website and got an email from HR to setup in person interview. Interview Questions: What is your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness? Why are you leaving your job?

Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

One time onsite interview only. Waited for about two weeks, then the offer came.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Initial telephonic interview with manager and then a face to face interview with the Manager, Tech Lead and Associate Director