Johns Manville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO).

Interview

Submitted application online. Had multiple phone interviews with recruiter then hiring manager. Based on interview results, was brought in for an onsite interview with hiring manager, executive leadership and Human Resources leadership.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Tucson, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Got a call and was asked to interview the next day. There were 7 people in the room. Interview lasted over a half hour. I received a automated denial message on Thanksgiving day. Which pretty much ruined my holiday.

Interview Questions

• They were concerned about integrity. I received a automated denial message on Thanksgiving day. Which pretty much ruined my holiday.   1 Answer

Organizational Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from a recruiter. About 2 weeks later, phone screen with hiring manager. About two weeks after that, four hour in person interview.
    A real negative: they require you to provide references including two previous managers. To go forward I had to contact previous managers at my current company. I felt this was really inappropriate.
    Rejection letter was canned and poorly composed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions...."tell me about a time when...."   1 Answer

Roofing R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Littleton, CO).

Interview

1 preliminary phone interview, another phone interview by who you'll be working with, and an interview at the campus. The interview at the campus is more of a tour as well, so have a lot of questions about roofing and such prepared.

Interview Questions

• What engineering skills do you feel make you a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Reno, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview with a maintenance supervisor and engineer. They were both very courteous and professional. However, I didn't bring enough to the table for this opportunity. I was asked some questions on my skills and qualifications. My skill set is more mechanical than electrical.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a 480 volt conveyor system stopped working.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johns Manville in July 2015.

Interview

During the process of the interview the people were great with questions and had a positive impact on the people who were getting interviewed . The only problem that I have with the company is that they didn't let me know whether I got the job or not, which had me putting off other jobs just to make sure I was hired or not. Problem with this is I don't know if I got it, and that keeps me from moving on.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions I was asked was, how would I act if I new one if the former employee's wasn't doing something right, what would I do?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Asked me behavioral questions against qualifications, which was definitely not ordinary. I felt like I answered them in an okay manner. Interviewer didnt seem enthusiastic during the conversation. Felt like he was reading right out of a book and recording my answers. Expected better from this company.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you choose your major of study?
      2. What was the most difficult course you've taken? What grade did you get?
      3. What are your long term goals?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johns Manville.

Interview

This was a phone interview and was the initial screening interview. I had applied to Johns Manville through their online system. For the most part it was a review of my background, but there were a few behavioral type interview questions included.

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect behavioral type question on the first phone interview, but I felt I answered OK.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johns Manville in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager was very genuine and a pleasure to interview with. Everyone else was either cold or acted as though they were uninterested in the interview or had no idea what they should talk about in the interview. The entire process - from the online application to the last step - was over 4 months. They do take their time! The company seems like a very good outfit. I rated this interview as "Difficult" because it took such a long time, and because several people I was to interview with were obviously unprepared, perhaps even caught off-guard and had no idea how to interview a candidate.

Interview Questions

• "What do you want to talk about with HR?" (Really? You set up this interview - don't you have any idea yourself?)   Answer Question

Associate Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johns Manville (Toledo, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Got HR phone screen a few days after submitting application, then one month later, got Research manager phone interview. Then on-site interview with four managers. Finally, HR told me that sponsorship for this position is not justified at this time.