Johnson Controls Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Executive

Johnson Controls Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Spoke with recruiter. Next, an in person interview with the district sales manager. The interview was very casual and consisted mostly of him selling me Johnson Controls. A few behavioral questions which are easily answered using the STAR method. After the interview I was told I would be contacted within a month. Pleasantries were exchanged a few times during that month. However, when it came to the one month mark I was already offered other jobs and they could not give me an answer. I accepted another job based on the fact they seemed unorganized. This proved true when 3 weeks after the one month mark they called me back to offer me the job with an acceptance period for only 2 days. Had to decline. Unprofessional process and the position appears to be high turnover.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal on a carousel, what animal would you be? Why? What song would be playing?

Tell me a time when you were faced with multiple projects with similar deadlines and how did you prioritize them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Norfolk, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial corporate recruiter contact/phone interview.
    Meet with Branch General Manager for secondary vetting.
    Panel interview with Senior Account Executive, Branch Service Manager, Project Manager.
    Call back to inform of offer letter within days of interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you win back a former customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience. Applied online for the role, was contacted and phone interviewed within days by the recruiter. Moved on to hiring manager phone interview, then a face to face with manager and VP.
    Received a solid offer fairly quickly and started right away. No complaints, excellent process.

Interview Questions

• General questions, focused on experience, history, customer service perspectives and relationships.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2012.

Interview

Had one interview with regional sales manager, basically him selling me on the job.

Negotiation

I asked for more they said take it or leave it. They did give me a 3k/month guarantee but that turned out to be useless because it was a draw against commissions earned and I earned more than the guarantee.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process was fair. Initial phone screen with JCI recruiter, then multiple managemt interviews. From 1st interview to first day working was approx. 8 weeks. Last step was drug screen and background check which took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked what made me qualified for the position and about teamwork.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2018.

Interview

Professional, smooth and decisive. Overall good experience and manager is knowledgeable and able to ask questions to bring out the best of you. Interview process was quick and decisive.