Johnson Controls Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Account Representative Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Very good interview process. Spoke with hiring managers, followed by HR. You then get an HR hiring rep assigned to you who assists you through the process. After a background and drug test you are good to go.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Found opening on LinkedIn and then applied via Johnson Controls' website. Regional sales manager called a week or two after posting the application, and asked to set up an interview. I interviewed with regional sales manager and branch manager. Interview was fairly loose; there was no strict regimen for questioning followed. Questions like: Why this position? Why Johnson Controls? What are the components of an HVAC system? What project are you most proud of? Etc. I did my research on the company's product offerings via their website. I read A LOT about the company before the interview to prepare.

Received a phone call 1 week later, asking to come in for another interview, which was scheduled 1 week after the call. Second interview was with branch manager, HR rep, and a former salesman turned HVAC technician. Interview was similar to first one. No barrage of questions or "tricky" questions.

After second interview, took 3-4 weeks for a job offer. Process was PAINFULLY slow and required several approvals from management. From first call to job offer was probably 7 weeks. Then had to complete the HireRight background check and LabCorp drug screening, which took about 2 weeks. So, first interview to start date was 2.5 months. Incredibly long hiring process, IMO.

Interview Questions

• Having little sales experience, they questioned my dedication to sales. They mentioned putting me in a tech position for 3-5 years then potentially moving me to sales afterward.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply for the location and position you truly feel is your most desired. Show that you have a drive to win and can do so ethically.