Johnson Controls Director Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 859 interviews

3.2
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich, Zürich

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Zürich, Zürich) in Sep 2017

Interview

Bad experience and process. They kept me on hold for more than 3 months. Imagine if this would have happen to your customers... would you treat them in the same way, despite all challenges that you can have internally I would have at least informed and kept the candidate updated regularly... Not a good impression of the company that is going through significant change, starting with merge and new CEO.

Interview Questions
  • Classical questions to understand your motivation...
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Oct 2016

Interview

Three-plus hours of interviews were held in a 12x12 windowless room on the first floor of the building. Met with the HR representative, hiring manager and a manager whom I would work with. First two interviews felt like an interrogation, with questions about whom I knew at certain companies/organizations, why I left certain jobs, etc., as opposed to a skill or personality-based interview/discussion. HR representative walked through each career experience on my resume dating back more than 20 years ago. The level of enthusiasm for the company was very low; indicated a lot of change was taking place.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

The phone interview seemed typical. The in person interview was several 1/2 hour meetings that seemed completely unstructured except the interaction with the human resources consultant. I was not given much time at all with the actual hiring leader. I had to follow up post offer to ask questions of the leader about the role from their perspective and their management style.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Straight forward and easy, not complicated. Final decision made by the senior management, HR advices only. Customer focus and sales is highly appreciated as a skill. Recruiters are very professional. They are former headhunters, know their job very well.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you thing Johnson Controls would still exist in 30 years?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Dec 2012

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter in Milwaukee requesting my availability to setup a phone interview. I emailed her my availability but did not get a response after a week. I then called her and she scheduled the interview. She took my number down and said she will call me. On the day and time of the phone interview, she did not call. I called her and left her a message to see if the interview will still take place. I also emailed her but she never got back to me to explain why the interview did not take place or if she was going to reschedule. I left her another message after then but she never responded. I'm appauled by the negative experience and extremely poor communication by this recruiter. The marketing recruiter is either overwhelmed by the workload or is incompetent. I would have expected much better from a company like Johnson Controls.

10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Apr 2011

Interview

Interviewed one on one with 5 different people including my potential boss, HR, and some other senior folks in the organization. General behavioral and basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed