Johnson Controls Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 860 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

really helpful people, i feel they actually care about my experience and how i can contribute to the company. we talked on the phone and i was asked to call again for a second interview

Interview Questions
  • what makes you the right fit
    Answer Question

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

I applied online and a couple months later a recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. I called her back and left a message and she never got back to me so I called her once again and we scheduled a interview. A couple weeks later I was contacted by the hiring manager and he gave me less than a 24 hour notice before my interview. He never asked me for my availability and just scheduled it. When I got to the interview, I was asked behavioral questions and the hiring team seemed confused to as why I was there because I majored in electrical engineering. It was a mechanical engineering position but that was never stated in the job description. The manager himself told me my resume was impressive so I was a bit confused. I was told I’ll be contacted for a second interview and they never got back to me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you failed? Talk about your senior project. Why did you chose your major?

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Phone interview was quick and to the point. A few weeks later I had an onsite interview with the same basic questions that lasted maybe 30 minutes followed by a plant tour.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked if I had experience in performing tasks related to my job title but there was no real prodding for details.

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

1 technical round followed by an HR round - gets completed in a day max. - Technical round has questions on Basic electronics, electrical and mechanical subjects and few aptitude questions as well . Questions are easy- average type and test the fundamentals of the candidate in these subjects. Knowing any additional language (French, German, Japanese) will help.

Interview Questions
  • Basic electronics, electrical and mechanical stuff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in Sep 2017

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening with a recruiter one week later. Just basic questions about your previous experience, like walk through your resume. The recruiter was friendly to talk with, and asked my availability the next week to talk with the hiring manager. However, he did ask me if I need future sponsorship, and I told him yes but I have three years of OPT. He sounded understanding and supportive at that time, but I heard nothing back ever since.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune)

Interview

Interview was all went from basic knowledge to advance and it would expect almost everything you know. Above average interview has done. Calls teri times, one for technical and other for managerial and hr

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Oklahoma City, OK) in Jul 2016

Interview

I first submitted my resume and it was about a month before JCI called asking more questions about why I was looking for a job and what pay I expected. Then, two weeks before they called again to set up another interview that would happen in another two weeks. I got into the interview and they took a look at my resume and asked about past jobs and experience with HVAC systems. Questions were not hard. There were no behavioral questions. At the end of the interview they mentioned they would let me know in two weeks whether the news was positive or negative. As of this moment. It has been a month of waiting. I have emailed those whom I interviewed with but there hasn't been any response back. So far the process from application submittal until now has been three months.

Interview Questions
  • Tell them a strength and a weakness

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hong Kong) in Jun 2016

Interview

Register in reception counter, fill the application form for half hour and two hours discussion with two supervisors. Nice and friendly guys. few days after, human resource contact head hunter for second interview with HR.

Interview Questions
  • Please introduce yourself and your working experience? what is the most challenge in the role.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Sep 2015

Interview

Phone call interview consisted of questions about my experience and tools I was familiar with. Panel interview was more specific and consisted of more in-depth technical questions. One on one interview format was focused on team work.

Interview Questions
  • Do you prefer to work alone or with a team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Glendale, WI)

Interview

They had me give a powerpoint presentation about my past engineering work. Precarious task considering most of what i have ever engineered is done with very strict confidentiality agreements. They also try and assess your creativity and eng knowledge to some extent by putting you on the spot. It is somewhat like being grilled in front of a Graduate Review board when you get your MS or Phd. They don't try to learn about you as a person so much as assess your robotic and calculative potential. I am an intelligent and effective engineer, but not always an eloquent speaker and I believe that worked against me a bit. I feel like they want only valedictorian / deans list types here. I found the process quite disappointing, and learned little about any one that interviewed me or the true workings of the company. They skim over answering questions asked by candidates. Overall a bizarre and ineffective interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a specific situation in which you failed, and how did you move forward?
  • Sketch / brainstorm 5 different possible solutions to this design problem. They give you some parameters and constraints...
  • How do you deal with ambiguity in requirements designing a component or product?
2 people found this interview helpful