Johnson Controls Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

I first submitted my resume and it was about a month before JCI called asking more questions about why I was looking for a job and what pay I expected. Then, two weeks before they called again to set up another interview that would happen in another two weeks. I got into the interview and they took a look at my resume and asked about past jobs and experience with HVAC systems. Questions were not hard. There were no behavioral questions. At the end of the interview they mentioned they would let me know in two weeks whether the news was positive or negative. As of this moment. It has been a month of waiting. I have emailed those whom I interviewed with but there hasn't been any response back. So far the process from application submittal until now has been three months.

Interview Questions

• Tell them a strength and a weakness   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went smoothly. You have to call them and enter a secondary number to enter the conference room. The position was not something that was ideal for me, and I think that the interviewer kind of realized that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with the HR followed with a personal interview with the hiring manager after 2 weeks. 3 days after that i did the drug test and filled information of my background check. All communication after that was between me the Hiring manager.....I was asked to forward a copy of my ssn card and green card. problem that my green card was in process of being corrected due to error by the USCIS. I tried to convince them many times that it is only a matter of time till i received it. I provided all proofs/documents needed. Yet No response.
    I understand that companies may not want to get into immigration stuff, but HR main job is to get in touch with the candidates if there is any action required from him/her.
    But I really appreciate what all efforts done by the hiring manager in being a conduit between me and the HR, knowing that it is not his job to so.
    Last time i called the hiring manager was when i received my green card, but by that time, I learned that JCI is not hiring right now till the end of the year. joining such a great corporation would have been a great opportunity for me, but maybe i was not meant to work for them at the time being. may bey in the future.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about my background. so all questions will be asked using your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of engineers. Thought the company was well positioned for the future, and wanted to proceed further. Did not get a call back, but received a letter thanking me for my time. I would like to interview again.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in June 2016.

Interview

Register in reception counter, fill the application form for half hour and two hours discussion with two supervisors. Nice and friendly guys. few days after, human resource contact head hunter for second interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Please introduce yourself and your working experience? what is the most challenge in the role.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in March 2009.

Interview

Interview was professional and provided good information about the position and salary range and benifits. It was not a good fit for me or the company. Interview was a one-on-one interview and I think there were many people in the interview pool.