Johnson Controls Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 860 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Applied online. Had a preliminary screening where I had to record answers. This was followed by an onsite interview with the Quality Manager who went over my previous experience in detail.

Interview Questions
  • Resume based: Which of these accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
    1 Answer
17 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Mar 2016

Interview

Phone interview went smoothly. You have to call them and enter a secondary number to enter the conference room. The position was not something that was ideal for me, and I think that the interviewer kind of realized that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in Feb 2016

Interview

Got a phone call from HR and scheduled an on-site interview with a chief engineer and a manager. The interview last about an hour, mainly discuss about my background and interests, as well as my resume. The interview when very smoothly, no behavioral questions, but rather focus on my experiences and background, such as knowledge on product development, FMEA and CAD software.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Baltimore, MD) in Nov 2015

Interview

I had two people interview me for this position. They both made me feel welcomed and allowed me some time to settle down for the interview. The interview itself was not that difficult, I'd say it was average. One of the interviewers opened it up with the grand question, "Why Johnson Controls?" Of course, I had done my research on the company, and my answer involved mentioning their top values as a company and how they correlated with me. The rest of the questions were some behavioral type and some about my resume in order to get to know more about me. This, I appreciated because they took the time to ask me about myself, as opposed to having pure behavioral questions. Anyway, I really wanted this internship, so I answered each and every question to the best of my ability. Towards the end of the interview, they allowed me to add one more thing I had forgotten to mention. Overall, the interview was smooth and I received an extended offer later that day, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • In your opinion, what are the qualities/traits of a leader?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in Apr 2015

Interview

Applied online and approximately two months later I received an e-mail requesting a phone interview. Had a phone interview with my potential supervisor. From there they invited me to the sales and engineering office to speak with the supervisor and two other directors. They called me a few days later to tell me that I obtained the position. The offer was contingent upon a successful background check and pre-employment drug screen.

Interview Questions
  • You live outside of a 50 mile radius. How will this affect your ability to be on time?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in Mar 2015

Interview

They seemed pretty relaxed about it. I knew my hiring manager before applying, but I was still given a conference call type interview with several levels of management. Pretty standard interview. Lasted for about 25 minutes or so and told me whether or not the answer to each question was good or bad.

Interview Questions
  • What is one problem you've faced at a previous experience and how did you solve it?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Nov 2011

Interview

n/a

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Houston, TX) in Jul 2011

Interview

A phone interview with the HR followed with a personal interview with the hiring manager after 2 weeks. 3 days after that i did the drug test and filled information of my background check. All communication after that was between me the Hiring manager.....I was asked to forward a copy of my ssn card and green card. problem that my green card was in process of being corrected due to error by the USCIS. I tried to convince them many times that it is only a matter of time till i received it. I provided all proofs/documents needed. Yet No response. I understand that companies may not want to get into immigration stuff, but HR main job is to get in touch with the candidates if there is any action required from him/her. But I really appreciate what all efforts done by the hiring manager in being a conduit between me and the HR, knowing that it is not his job to so. Last time i called the hiring manager was when i received my green card, but by that time, I learned that JCI is not hiring right now till the end of the year. joining such a great corporation would have been a great opportunity for me, but maybe i was not meant to work for them at the time being. may bey in the future.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were about my background. so all questions will be asked using your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Aug 2010

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and a couple of engineers. Thought the company was well positioned for the future, and wanted to proceed further. Did not get a call back, but received a letter thanking me for my time. I would like to interview again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in Mar 2009

Interview

Interview was professional and provided good information about the position and salary range and benifits. It was not a good fit for me or the company. Interview was a one-on-one interview and I think there were many people in the interview pool.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews