Johnson Controls GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

3.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Two rounds of interview after clearing Aptitude test, No GD
Both interviews largely focussed on technical skills in respective branch, skills applicable to Building Automation, application-based questions, questions based on your final year project, questions coming right from your CV

Interview Questions

• How does a Coriolis Mass Flow Meter also measure density?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

First there was a APTITUDE round , consisting of 60 questions and you have to be very fast and time is very limited. Then there would be a technical round and a final technical + hr round. I appeared in a pool campusing in Kolkata,India. After I cleared tge APTITUDE round, the very next day was the technical round, there were many panel there so depends on your luck that whether you will get an easy panel or you end up with a hard panel. Let me point this that here you will get a 1:1 panel advantage. If you clear this round then the very next day you will be called for the final interview round. This time you will find 6 members who will interview you. Just prepare your CV very well and specially your projects,they wil ask all the technical and all things regarding your peoject. And in the 1st technical round they will ask you only basic c programs and concepts along with some sql query if you are from cse/IT background. Though final round is very unpredictable as you will never get to know that how your interview actually went untill you will get the results. And prepare some puzzles as well.

Interview Questions

• Technical stuffs from my summer project, basic c programs, normalization from dbms and few more   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was aptitude consisting .net,vocublary,logical reasoning questions 60 questions 60 minutes.
    second round was techniical + hr and they asked me about my background some oop concepts , few codes and few puzzles.

third round was panel interview and it was only for measuring your confidence,stress management,how presentable you are and questions were asked depending upon your resume.

Interview Questions

• write program to revese given string   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Allahabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

selection process consist of 3 rounds.First one is technical and apti based paper consisting of 60 question after clearing that shotlisted candidates have to go through technical interview .After technical round the student again shotlisted for the final hr+technical round where all the experts will take interview together.

Interview Questions

• why you want to apply for jhonson controls and where do you see yourself after 3 years   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agartala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Agartala (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process had 3 rounds:
    1.online aptitude test which included quantitative aptitude,logical reasoning and technical questions mostly based on instrumentation and process control.
    2.Technical Interview
    3.HR interview

The first stage had 60 questions to be solved in around 90 min.Number of quantitative questions were less.Questions were mostly based on logical reasoning(quite tough but practice will help).All the technical questions were based on control and instrumentation.To prepare for technical questions one should try to read some basic instruments used in process control and PID controller(very important).

Technical round was quite easy for me as the HR was very cool.He asked questions on my resume(mostly summer training),PID controller.Some questions were also asked from my area of interest."Some basic technical knowledge and confidence is the key to success here".It was a 1 to 1 interview.

The HR round was quite different as they asked technical questions mostly.In fact no usual HR questions were asked.Number of questions asked were more than the previous round.All the question were based on my area of interest.It was a 4(panel) to 1 interview.Here they mostly checked my confidence on my area of interest. Interview lasted for around 15+ min.
    TIP:NEVER ASK THE PANEL HOW LONG THE WORKING HOURS ARE---------YOU'L GET TROLLED.

Interview Questions

• Both ac and dc motor are used in industry.In what sort of application will a dc motor be used?   1 Answer
    • which motor is used in a lift?   1 Answer
    • why does voltage lead current in an inductor, why is the reverse not true?   1 Answer
    • To increase the rate of response of a system which control action is needed to be improved i.e. to have a faster response.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I applied through campus placement cell. EEE, E&I, CS IT were the eligible branches. First level was a written test consisting of technical and aptitude questions. Then the selected candidates were called in for the interview. First round was technical then HR. I did not clear the techincal round. I prepared HVAC and core subjects. All the questions were from core subjects

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kolkata (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

August, 2015.The Recruitment process was an open pool , All in total of 1300 students participated and only 13 got placed, and I am one of the lucky ones. The entire process was wrapped up in a total of 2 days.
    The first hurdle was a online test of 60 questions to be answered in an hour(no negative marks). The distribution was 36 verbal reasoning, 9 quantitative aptitude, 15 Technical Questions(all sorts DB, Software Testing, J2EE, java, c etc).
     Around 150 students qualified for the first round of interview which started the very same day Continued till next Day morning. Before the interview began a pre placement talk was delivered. The First Round of interview was a one on one,
    Note: CV is very important, they wont check out your testimonial.
    Very basic questions were asked regarding OOP, and programming and a little discussion on your Projects(Not Technical). The Results were given out that very day and only 40 students qualified for the next round of interview.
    The Next Round of Interview was a four on one (4 interviewers) . A bit more descriptive than before basic questions like introduce yourself, (they will test your quick thinking). A problem was given to be solved(solved it)
    Note-They do not want you to solve the problem to the last bit of perfection rather whether you approach the problem right,
    moreover they will pitch you ideas to modify your code to check your adaptability as well your willingness to learn .
    A few more hr questions that's all folks.

Interview Questions

• Why Interest you to work for our company?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

Interview

We had a pool campussing. The aptitude round had mostly reasoning based questions, few technical questions and very few quantitative ability questions. After that round, there were two interviews rounds with a mix of technical and HR questions. The process was smooth and the interviewers were very cooperative. The first round had a single interviewer and the next round a panel of five to six interviewers. Some questions related to the company were asked to my friends, which could be answered if one had followed the presentation they had delivered earlier. So I would suggest to pay attention to such a seminar if held.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.   Answer Question
    • Gave a simple problem and asked to write the code for solving it.   1 Answer
    • General questions about my projects, more stress on why a particular way was chosen.   Answer Question
    • Short and long term goals.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Vellore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process of campus recruitment is done in 3 phases. First online test (24 technical+36 aptitude questions. Questions were mainly from thermodynamics and cad/cam. Next is one-to-one technical interview and finally a panel interview. Questions related to technical aspects will only be asked. For core mechanical ppl, they usually require skills in ANSYS and other design softwares.

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

Interview

I appeared for Johnson in my college placements. It consists of first written round consisting of aptitude and technical questions.Technical question were mostly on controllers. 2nd round was technical interview and then final round was Technical Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

others questions were based on the interests I have mentioned. Since, I chose VLSI and Industrial Automation, they asked basic questions regarding that.   1 Answer
    • Tell about you background.   1 Answer