Johnson Controls GET Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls GET Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

3.1

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Was a pool campus-all colleges having IT branch participated.Eligibility : Students of 7th semester Instrumentation having agg of 50% & above.
First round-written test which includes technical+logical, reasoning, quant+english(questions were mainly from previous years GATE papers). Negative marking of 0.5 mark. So make sure you answer only those you are confident of.
Out of around 250 people, 50 cleared the first round. It took nearly 3 hours to declare the results of round 1.
Second round-1:2 interview 1HR and 1Technical person.Tech.Questions were mainly on basic concepts of HVAC systems, ambient temperature, sensors, transducers, operating temperature ranges of few transducers, Bernoulli's theorem, PID controllers,was asked to plot curves for diff control modes, briefing on projects and internships.
HR questions-Introduce yourself, where do you see yourself in next 5 years, be aware about the position you mention, you should be able to explain the role in detail.
Why not higher studies? They dont look for exact answers but how you manage to answer logically and manage the situation as they wont wait for your answers and keep on pouring with question one on another.Make sure you take hold of the situation and preferably use a sheet of paper to explain-this shows your confidence. Dont say "I dont know" for any question coz it leaves a negative impression on them.
My interview lasted for around 30 min.
There was a long wait of 6 hours for the second round.
Out of 50, 15 (consisting of only 4 girls-was glad to be one among them :) )cleared the second round.
Third round-A panel of 8 interviewers. Out of which 2 observe your body language and dont ask any questions.
 In this round, each one of the interviewers(except 2) shoots with questions to examine your capability to handle such a situation. Usual HR ques-introduce yourself, etc, I was asked on internship, not on what I did, rather about the institution in which I underwent internship-it was a DRDO org so was asked about technologies used there.
They give a detailed look into your resume and ask questions from it.
How do you measure distance,height, how does a microwave oven works...
They have your written test answer scripts with them and ask questions relating to them as to why did you mark so and so ans and not other choices, why is your score less in a particular section...The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P
My interview lasted for 10-15 min.
Final results were announced in 30 min.
 Written test started at 10 am and final announcement of results at 9:30 pm.
Out of 15, 3 were selected(2 boys and 1 girl). Though I was not one among them, the whole process was a wonderful experience as they gave us important inputs with regards to how to face an interview and made us feel good by saying, only 5% of total appearing for interview process can clear the written test. So coming till the last round made me feel good :)
Total recruits made by johnson controls in India is usually between 10-15. This year the count was 13.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

GET Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Phone interview was easy.
    LAter on was called for further one on one technical interview.
    It was quiet unaware about technical interview,
    Interview consisted of basic questions.
    One must have strong basics.
    A good experience
    Good enviornment

Interview Questions

• Sensor used to measure air velocity in aeroplanes.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Vellore (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

I appeared for Johnson in my college placements. It consists of first written round consisting of aptitude and technical questions.Technical question were mostly on controllers. 2nd round was technical interview and then final round was Technical Panel Interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself

others questions were based on the interests I have mentioned. Since, I chose VLSI and Industrial Automation, they asked basic questions regarding that.   1 Answer
    • Tell about you background.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Chennai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a pool campus placement conducted for departments EIE,ICE,CSE and IT.
    first round was technical+aptitude exam.Once cleared the exam there is a One on One technical interview where basic core knowledge is tested.If one on one interview is cleared there is a another round of interview where this time there are 6 interviewers this is a technical plus HR round.Be ready to stay for long time as the interview process takes a lot of time.after interviews results were announced after an hour.

Interview Questions

• what is DCS,LIC,PLC?current in a short circuited loop??   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Agartala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Agartala (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The hiring process had 3 rounds:
    1.online aptitude test which included quantitative aptitude,logical reasoning and technical questions mostly based on instrumentation and process control.
    2.Technical Interview
    3.HR interview

The first stage had 60 questions to be solved in around 90 min.Number of quantitative questions were less.Questions were mostly based on logical reasoning(quite tough but practice will help).All the technical questions were based on control and instrumentation.To prepare for technical questions one should try to read some basic instruments used in process control and PID controller(very important).

Technical round was quite easy for me as the HR was very cool.He asked questions on my resume(mostly summer training),PID controller.Some questions were also asked from my area of interest."Some basic technical knowledge and confidence is the key to success here".It was a 1 to 1 interview.

The HR round was quite different as they asked technical questions mostly.In fact no usual HR questions were asked.Number of questions asked were more than the previous round.All the question were based on my area of interest.It was a 4(panel) to 1 interview.Here they mostly checked my confidence on my area of interest. Interview lasted for around 15+ min.
    TIP:NEVER ASK THE PANEL HOW LONG THE WORKING HOURS ARE---------YOU'L GET TROLLED.

Interview Questions

• Both ac and dc motor are used in industry.In what sort of application will a dc motor be used?   1 Answer
    • which motor is used in a lift?   1 Answer
    • why does voltage lead current in an inductor, why is the reverse not true?   1 Answer
    • To increase the rate of response of a system which control action is needed to be improved i.e. to have a faster response.   1 Answer

GET Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I applied through campus placement cell. EEE, E&I, CS IT were the eligible branches. First level was a written test consisting of technical and aptitude questions. Then the selected candidates were called in for the interview. First round was technical then HR. I did not clear the techincal round. I prepared HVAC and core subjects. All the questions were from core subjects

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kolkata (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

August, 2015.The Recruitment process was an open pool , All in total of 1300 students participated and only 13 got placed, and I am one of the lucky ones. The entire process was wrapped up in a total of 2 days.
    The first hurdle was a online test of 60 questions to be answered in an hour(no negative marks). The distribution was 36 verbal reasoning, 9 quantitative aptitude, 15 Technical Questions(all sorts DB, Software Testing, J2EE, java, c etc).
     Around 150 students qualified for the first round of interview which started the very same day Continued till next Day morning. Before the interview began a pre placement talk was delivered. The First Round of interview was a one on one,
    Note: CV is very important, they wont check out your testimonial.
    Very basic questions were asked regarding OOP, and programming and a little discussion on your Projects(Not Technical). The Results were given out that very day and only 40 students qualified for the next round of interview.
    The Next Round of Interview was a four on one (4 interviewers) . A bit more descriptive than before basic questions like introduce yourself, (they will test your quick thinking). A problem was given to be solved(solved it)
    Note-They do not want you to solve the problem to the last bit of perfection rather whether you approach the problem right,
    moreover they will pitch you ideas to modify your code to check your adaptability as well your willingness to learn .
    A few more hr questions that's all folks.

Interview Questions

• Why Interest you to work for our company?   1 Answer

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

Interview

We had a pool campussing. The aptitude round had mostly reasoning based questions, few technical questions and very few quantitative ability questions. After that round, there were two interviews rounds with a mix of technical and HR questions. The process was smooth and the interviewers were very cooperative. The first round had a single interviewer and the next round a panel of five to six interviewers. Some questions related to the company were asked to my friends, which could be answered if one had followed the presentation they had delivered earlier. So I would suggest to pay attention to such a seminar if held.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.   Answer Question
    • Gave a simple problem and asked to write the code for solving it.   1 Answer
    • General questions about my projects, more stress on why a particular way was chosen.   Answer Question
    • Short and long term goals.   Answer Question

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

Interview

The process of campus recruitment is done in 3 phases. First online test (24 technical+36 aptitude questions. Questions were mainly from thermodynamics and cad/cam. Next is one-to-one technical interview and finally a panel interview. Questions related to technical aspects will only be asked. For core mechanical ppl, they usually require skills in ANSYS and other design softwares.

GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Offline Test - 50 Questions (60 Min)
    2 Interviews - Technical & Personal
    Rapid Fire Round
    Personal Interview - All common questions
    Rapid Fire Round - To know your opinion about general topics you like the most.

Interview Questions

• Technical Interview mostly focused on Refrigeration & AC Basics and Its Applications
      Personal Interview - All common questions
      Rapid Fire Round - To know your opinion about general topics you like the most.   Answer Question