Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning

Mechanical Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kadi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning (Kadi (India)) in July 2018.

Interview

Was called by the hiring manager from JCH, Kadi and we had a telephonic interview. A few days later, he arranged to set up a video conference interview with the team. The interview panel consisted of three people including the HM. To my surprise, I was not asked many questions and the video call lasted for only 10-15 mins. After that, I tried following up with the HM for so many weeks and got not even a single reply from his end.

From a job seekers perspective, it was quite demotivating and disrespectful to not get any follow up after the interview. I request the company and the HR teams to treat the candidates with respect as we judge the company from the hiring process itself. Meanwhile, I gave several interviews and got a job offer, but never once did I hear from that HM again. This has painted a bad image of JCH in terms of taking responsibility. No matter how busy the HM is, a one-liner email saying that the candidate is not shortlisted can really go a long wat and help the jobseeker to focus their time and attention to other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I stay put and about the previous projects and internships I had done.   Answer Question

Global Branding Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls–Hitachi Air Conditioning in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the job offer online. The company contacted me via email asking me to do an exercise, a study case. I was told that this exercise would be the first screening exercise in the selection process.

I performed and sent the exercise. Days later I was contacted confirming that I had passed the first phase of the selection process. The second phase consisted of conducting an online competency test (about 40-50 minutes).

Later, the company contacted me to move on to the next phase, which consisted of a personal interview. In total I went to their offices 3 times, and I did 3 personal interviews: some of them with the management and others with the rest of the team.

After that I never heard from them again. I have contacted them several times, asking them about the status of the selection process and they never responded to my messages.

I'm actually feeling pretty disappointed with the company. They have shown themselves indifferent and impolite.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions. They explained to me the projects they had going on. It seemed that they were not entirely clear about the business strategy or brand direction they were going to take, nor what they expected from the person they wanted to hire.   Answer Question