Johnson Controls Interview Questions in Holland, MI | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions in Holland, MI

2.9

Bluetooth Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI).

Interview

With the help of my then College I had the opportunity to begin my first internship with Johnson Controls. The process seemed intimidating at the start but the individuals I engaged with were extremely easy to talk to and down to earth making the process a bit smoother. The process started with over the phone asking questions geared toward my major (engineering). I then made it to the 1 on 1 interview where I got a chance to tour the facilities and meet everyone in the department.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

very short interview process. Launch Door Panels according to product and timing requirements, utilizing the YanFeng Design Guidelines and PLUS/EPIC systems. See product through design release, design verification and product validation. Identify product/performance requirements, develop DFMEA & DVP with the SDT team, lead design reviews, and approve drawings. Obtain sign-offs at project gates, create and maintain project documentation, develop tactical plans and execute according to plan and within project budget. Primary engineering contact with customers in Lansing or Auburn Hills MI. Potential, limited travel to Mexico. The candidate will be responsible for communicating engineering changes to the YF plants and Chrysler Release Engineer, resolve internal and customer issues, investigate VA/VE ideas, maintain engineering BOMs in EPIC, Coordinate model and drawing changes with Design Engineer, but CAD knowledge, especially in UG NX Design and use of TeamCenter will be very beneficial. BSME (or similar) required. 2-5 Years of experience desired.

Interview Questions

• could you be excited and satisfied working a back-office type role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing as it was a fixed contract rate

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting resume online, got an email from a recruiter asking to if I was available for a 20 minute phone interview. The phone interview was for general personality questions. After that there was a panel interview to review skills. This was with 5 other people.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI).

Interview

initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
    reference check: they did call my references
    second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Questions

• Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   1 Answer

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview panel was not intimidating but very friendly.
    The people who interviewed were technically proficient.
    The interview process started with an HR introduction round before meeting with a variety of engineering folks (5 in total) with a lunch time interview with the Senior Manager.
    The trip to Interview site was fully paid for.

Interview Questions

• Questions concerning the past work experience.
      Questions concerning the technical area of expertise.
      Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI).

Interview

no idea ,no new hires (factory) in several years

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview consisted of three thirty minute meetings with decision making team. Each person had different questions than the other and provided me with a thorough understanding of their position and history with the company. They each allowed time for me to ask questions and it was an easy dialog.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary - they met my needs and being contract, it isn't the place to barter.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

At first there was a 1 hour phone interview with the manager of my group. I was interviewing for Automotive Group. At these stage they check for your broader understanding of the technology you will be working with. Be clear and crisp about the answers. Be sure to tell what you expect from the new job you are looking for.

I had several other offers, I told them about that and may be because of that they called me next week to Holland , MI campus for direct interviews. You should be technically sound, think what you say. Don't beat around the bush, if you dont know tell you dont know. expect 3 -4 rounds like that. Followed by a lunch in a nearby restaurant along with the team, dont oversell you there, and interact with the team carefully. This is followed by Panel interview with senior managers( i think at this level they would have already decided ) I was very confused whether to take this offer, since I was having several others at hand. Seems like my decision was good to select this one on a stability point of view.

Interview Questions

• Why JCI when I am coming from a much known Technology Software leader ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough negotiator. Negotiate well.