Johnson Controls Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Human Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

2.5

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with Human Resources, then a week later followed up with manager call. Attended an in person interview with Leaders and finall made an offer about two weeks later

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Submitted resume on Career site and got a phone screen set up for the same week. Asked me to tell me about myself and then explained what I would be doing at the internship. Was expecting to progress to an in person interview with the Hiring manager but instead was hired in about a week after the phone screen. Pleasant experience.

Negotiation

No negotiation. $17.50 for a part-time college internship is very nice therefore negotiation is not needed.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2008.

Interview

Manager called me after seeing my LinkedIn profile & recruited me to new role. Sounded very exciting.
    Invited me on site for 3 1:1 interviews in small, interview room. Met with 3 members of HR that talked more than they asked questions. Turns out they didn't even know the group that the new position would be supporting so I had to request to meet that team before accepting their offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were part of a group, but not the leader and you had to take charge.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to obtain buy in or support from those above you and how you were able to convince them   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated sign on bonus and extra week vacation.
    Salary has very little wiggle room

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2019.

Interview

I got phone screened within 2 days since I applied. An on-site interview followed. The teamleaders were present, but no manager or recruiter. We discussed my previous job experiences and they concluded I was qualified and promised they will provide feedback within a 2 weeks time. No such thing even after 1 month, no reply at all.
    So I had e-mailed the recruiter - the only contact I had. She dodged a question whether the selection process was over and just said my profile didn't correspond with any job posting, lol!
    No wonder people complain in these reviews about Johnson's HR. Obviously they are not serious and have a mess in the hiring process.
    Doesn't recommend the company for experienced candidates.

Interview Questions

• What duties were included in my previous job.
      What are my PC and HR software skills.
      Why I left my previous employer and standard questions as to why i'd like to work in this industry etc.   Answer Question