Johnson Controls Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

My professor recommended me and I had a skype interview with department team members. Approximately, three (3) days later, I received an email offer that I humbly accepted. A human resource representative assisted me with the hiring process and gave me information about apartments or rooms to rent for the summer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through Indeed. They e-mailed me to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was basic phone interview questions. Then got another e-mail saying they would like to schedule an in person interview. The in person interview was easy, but some behavioral questions. Then about a week later got a call from the person I was interviewed by and was offered the position.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was in person during an energy conference and a month later I was contacted over the phone for another interview manly describing school projects. Started the internship during the summer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I originally gave my resume to a friend who worked full-time at Johnson Controls. She forwarded my information to someone at the company, and HR called me a month or two after to set up an interview. I spoke with HR briefly about my background, and they set up the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted a couple hours. I interviewed with an HR representative about my skills and background and then met with the director and VP hiring for the department. I also did a brief skills test (more info. in "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question" section).

I did not receive an offer for the first position for which I interviewed, but because of my other skills and strengths, they passed my information on to another department. I interviewed separately with the other team, and they offered me a long-term internship.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, I was given a set of data in Excel to "analyze" and had to make a short presentation about my findings. I had about 30 minutes to complete this step. With my experience at the time (university classes), I found this to be quite difficult because of the large amount of data and the freedom to complete the task.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week of applying online. The interviewer was very polite and was obviously very prepared for the interview. The interviewer gauged my knowledge and experience by asking deeper and deeper questions until he found my limit. There were no irrelevant questions. I really appreciate that he took the time to thoroughly explain the duties and the context of the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2013.

Interview

I applied whole bunch of opening potions on their websites and got a email that they wanted to phone interview me the following week. The HR was very nice and he even left me a voice mail in case I didn't see the email. The first phone interview was very chill, just some brief introduction about my background and asked about my work experience. Then I was progressed into a second round phone interview, but with a mentor who in charged this intern program. He asked some technical skills problems that are related to electrochemistry and my lab experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your customers ask for some inordinate demands? (this is a question he asked regarding to my work experience with customer service)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty straighforward

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by phone first.

General questions regarding coursework, GPA, activities and other job relevant questions.

Was then brought in for 3 face to face interviews with members of the group I would be working with.

Questions regarding ethics, skillset, and a short case study were asked.

Sat around for 1-2 months thinking that I would not ever hear from them. Found a new job but received a call to meet with a VP. Met with that day, got the offer and accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to do something that you had never done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at this point.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Glendale, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

Was called to set up an interview for the following week. I was given an interview schedule prior to the interview and met with two panels of two members each. Interview was mostly formal consisting of questions pertaining to my prior education and work experience.

Interview Questions

• How did your experience working at such and such a place prepare you for the position at our company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Makati City (Philippines)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through jobstreet.com. They called me after a day to give my interview schedule. The questions are very simple - they asked about why I chose my course, why should they hire me and why not. They also asked about my responsibilities in my organization. After the first interview, the hiring manager then interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Better offer in another company