Johnson Controls Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Intern

Johnson Controls Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

My professor recommended me and I had a skype interview with department team members. Approximately, three (3) days later, I received an email offer that I humbly accepted. A human resource representative assisted me with the hiring process and gave me information about apartments or rooms to rent for the summer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Houghton, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview position was for an intern position for the next spring semester. The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical. The candidate taking the interview was allegedly from HR department.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online. After a few days, I was emailed asking to submit a video interview within 72 hours. A week after that I received a call asking to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your current GPA? Expected graduation date?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Antonio, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

This was an online application for an internship for mechanical engineering. The application was quick and easy through their website. A few days later I got an email stating that I was chosen for the next part of the interview process. The interview was online and I had 72 hours to complete it. The interview was the questions below and I had to record my answers on the website they provided. The whole process was very easy to do.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself. Share an overview of any previous work experience or extracurricular organizations/activities you are involved in.   Answer Question
    • What is our anticipated graduation date and current GPA?   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick your major and what excites you about this position?   Answer Question
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced a challenge or setback on an engineering project. How did you react and what was the final outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you failed at something. How did you react & what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question
    • Please note, this role does not include relocation. If selected, are you willing and able to relocate yourself?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Very easy, meeting with 4 managers looking to hire an intern. Was offered position on the spot. It was nice they made a decision so quickly, as to not drag out the process.

Interview Questions

• Standard background questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in May 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview within a week of applying online. The interviewer was very polite and was obviously very prepared for the interview. The interviewer gauged my knowledge and experience by asking deeper and deeper questions until he found my limit. There were no irrelevant questions. I really appreciate that he took the time to thoroughly explain the duties and the context of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I originally gave my resume to a friend who worked full-time at Johnson Controls. She forwarded my information to someone at the company, and HR called me a month or two after to set up an interview. I spoke with HR briefly about my background, and they set up the on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted a couple hours. I interviewed with an HR representative about my skills and background and then met with the director and VP hiring for the department. I also did a brief skills test (more info. in "Most Difficult or Unexpected Question" section).

I did not receive an offer for the first position for which I interviewed, but because of my other skills and strengths, they passed my information on to another department. I interviewed separately with the other team, and they offered me a long-term internship.

Interview Questions

• During the interview, I was given a set of data in Excel to "analyze" and had to make a short presentation about my findings. I had about 30 minutes to complete this step. With my experience at the time (university classes), I found this to be quite difficult because of the large amount of data and the freedom to complete the task.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was in person during an energy conference and a month later I was contacted over the phone for another interview manly describing school projects. Started the internship during the summer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by phone first.

General questions regarding coursework, GPA, activities and other job relevant questions.

Was then brought in for 3 face to face interviews with members of the group I would be working with.

Questions regarding ethics, skillset, and a short case study were asked.

Sat around for 1-2 months thinking that I would not ever hear from them. Found a new job but received a call to meet with a VP. Met with that day, got the offer and accepted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to do something that you had never done before.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at this point.

Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty straighforward