Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I applied for a National Account Manager position online and received an email from a recruiter two or three weeks later to set up a phone screen. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and went very well - the recruiter told me that she thought I was a great candidate and would be passing my information to the hiring manager for this role. She also informed me that there was another open sales position that I would a good fit for, and asked if I'd liked to be considered for that role as well. I told her yes, and she informed me that I'd be hearing from two different hiring managers in the next 48 hours.

After four days of silence, I emailed her to check-in and never received a response. A little over two weeks later, I received a generic email from a No Reply address informing me that I was not selected for the National Account Manager position. The email was a little surprising as it was the type of template you typically receive if your resume is weeded out, not if you have already begun the interviewing process and are waiting to hear about the next step.

To this day, I have not received any follow up regarding the second role.

It was pretty clear, both from my experience and with the way in which the recruiter spoke of the hiring managers, that there is a lot of disorganization in their hiring process. It seems like there is a giant communication issue between recruiters and hiring managers. Whatever the issue may be, I hope that they value their potential candidates' time a little bit more in the future.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Global Innovation MBA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Global Innovation MBA Intern position online and received an email from a recruiter two weeks later to set up a phone screen. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and all were normal interview questions. However, I didn't get to the next round so I don't know the following process.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter asking basic questions...answered questions then was setup for F2F with hiring manager. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager he did not ask much I had to basically tell him about my experience. He said they would get back to me the following week (did not happen) I even emailed both manager and recruiter and no response.

Interview Questions

• None ... hiring manager must not have been interested (maybe I didn't have the look he wanted)   1 Answer

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Ramon, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. The first interview was with the HR that went pretty smooth. the second interview was with the hiring manager. He wanted to know

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for JCI?
      What are the essential elements that lead to successful project management practice?
      How do yo budget for a project?
      Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via Teleo. Multiple phone screenings four months later after after numerous reschedules. Phone interviews one month later. Face-to-face a few days later. The job description posted was very exact. However, at the face-to-face interview, it seemed as though they were undecided on what they were looking for in a candidate. One person (very knowledgeable and professional) explained his view, which matched the description. The next person (one up on the chain) had an entirely different view of the position. The conversation/questioning led me to believe that he was too busy to even review my resume. He kept interrupting me while i was providing answers to his questions. He was very defensive and demeaning of my questions. If this is how the interview process is, i can only imagine how he treats employees. Not a place for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding experiences that I clearly did not have.   1 Answer

Power Solution Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR after a week and had a video record interview first. It was ten questions, you can record repeatedly for the first five I think. After that had an interview with them at SWE conference, all behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had difficulties with the authority and how you overcame it .   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Providence, RI) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was taken place at an office at my campus. The HR manager interviewed me first with some general questions, and then the tech person interviewed me with technical questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing that you encountered? How did you overcome the difficulty?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Human Resource staff opened a Telephone interview without notification and just asked several questions about your resume. Also, ask what is your available time to start working. She knew nothing about your technique background.

Warranty Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, WI

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Caledonia, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Someone called with questions regarding proficiency in Excel and they sure want an internal candidate based on all the proprietary computer programs they expect you to master immediately. The caller was polite and provided a timeline.