Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

216 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Providence, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was very nice. He talked a lot about the position and didn't ask me any hard question. Only asked me a couple question (took about 10min). Then for about an hour he would answer my questions in a very long-winded manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about ____(something on my resume)?   1 Answer

Installation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Set up to conduct a phone interview, did not speak to anyone from the company. Interviewer was from a call center. The lady would not allow me to completely answer her questions, she interrupted numerous times, clearly wasn't listening. Just going through the motions of saying she did the interview. Horrible experience and have not even considered applying for another job with this company.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview process included multiple phone interviews followed by an in person interview with multiple interviewers. There was also a walk through of the plant area followed by several more questions. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What were three things you noticed while in the plant area.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening with a recruiter one week later. Just basic questions about your previous experience, like walk through your resume. The recruiter was friendly to talk with, and asked my availability the next week to talk with the hiring manager. However, he did ask me if I need future sponsorship, and I told him yes but I have three years of OPT. He sounded understanding and supportive at that time, but I heard nothing back ever since.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

My interview was in Boston. It was a round of interviews with all the managers from New England area. Mainly personality questions. The first day they took us to dinner. The second was interviews. Pretty laid. They want to get to know you

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2017.

Interview

Well I applied for the job and two weeks later, I received a LinkedIn message from a recruiter asking if I was interested in the position and if so she would love to speak to me!?!?!?!?! I advised that I already applied and then she setup a phone interview the same day. Lasted 15 minutes. Just high level overview of my experiences.
    After that I waited a week or so for feedback and the recruiter advised she was still waiting on the hiring manager. Probably a month and half after that, I called the recruiter about the status, since she never returned any of my emails in between time, and she advised that the job was placed on hold. Which was fine but I felt as if she could have told me instead of dodging my emails. Any who, so I never got to interview with the hiring manager. Not sure if they are going to open the job back up and pick up where they left off. Although there was a lack of communication the recruiter was nice and I was highly interested in the job.

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I applied for a National Account Manager position online and received an email from a recruiter two or three weeks later to set up a phone screen. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and went very well - the recruiter told me that she thought I was a great candidate and would be passing my information to the hiring manager for this role. She also informed me that there was another open sales position that I would a good fit for, and asked if I'd liked to be considered for that role as well. I told her yes, and she informed me that I'd be hearing from two different hiring managers in the next 48 hours.

After four days of silence, I emailed her to check-in and never received a response. A little over two weeks later, I received a generic email from a No Reply address informing me that I was not selected for the National Account Manager position. The email was a little surprising as it was the type of template you typically receive if your resume is weeded out, not if you have already begun the interviewing process and are waiting to hear about the next step.

To this day, I have not received any follow up regarding the second role.

It was pretty clear, both from my experience and with the way in which the recruiter spoke of the hiring managers, that there is a lot of disorganization in their hiring process. It seems like there is a giant communication issue between recruiters and hiring managers. Whatever the issue may be, I hope that they value their potential candidates' time a little bit more in the future.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you'd be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Global Innovation MBA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Global Innovation MBA Intern position online and received an email from a recruiter two weeks later to set up a phone screen. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and all were normal interview questions. However, I didn't get to the next round so I don't know the following process.

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (York, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After a phone screening, I was scheduled for an interview. The interview took place in person over 3 hours. I met with the the product group Director, three Directors of Engineering and HR. There were an average number of technical/background/experience questions as well as personality and lifestyle related questions. What surprised me the most was being asked and trying to respond to technical questions by the HR representative. Not typical in any other interview. The interview went very well and according to the engineering directors, I was a good fit. However, I did not get an offer and could not even get feedback. A 3 hour interview for a senior role definitely deserves some feedback.

Interview Questions

• They did not directly ask my age but asked questions that seemed to be aimed at that.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.