Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.8

528 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Process was quick, I took over two weeks. Initial interview with recruiter and on site interview with the hiring manager. After that, I got a call from recruiter to discuss the offer and if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What are you biggest strengths?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, Group interview And plant tour

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer
    • Very behavioral based questions - how did you lead a team when you had no authority, etc   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Providence, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was very nice. He talked a lot about the position and didn't ask me any hard question. Only asked me a couple question (took about 10min). Then for about an hour he would answer my questions in a very long-winded manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about ____(something on my resume)?   1 Answer

Installation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Set up to conduct a phone interview, did not speak to anyone from the company. Interviewer was from a call center. The lady would not allow me to completely answer her questions, she interrupted numerous times, clearly wasn't listening. Just going through the motions of saying she did the interview. Horrible experience and have not even considered applying for another job with this company.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview process included multiple phone interviews followed by an in person interview with multiple interviewers. There was also a walk through of the plant area followed by several more questions. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What were three things you noticed while in the plant area.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening with a recruiter one week later. Just basic questions about your previous experience, like walk through your resume. The recruiter was friendly to talk with, and asked my availability the next week to talk with the hiring manager. However, he did ask me if I need future sponsorship, and I told him yes but I have three years of OPT. He sounded understanding and supportive at that time, but I heard nothing back ever since.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience. Applied online for the role, was contacted and phone interviewed within days by the recruiter. Moved on to hiring manager phone interview, then a face to face with manager and VP.
    Received a solid offer fairly quickly and started right away. No complaints, excellent process.

Interview Questions

• General questions, focused on experience, history, customer service perspectives and relationships.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

My interview was in Boston. It was a round of interviews with all the managers from New England area. Mainly personality questions. The first day they took us to dinner. The second was interviews. Pretty laid. They want to get to know you

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied online. Had a preliminary screening where I had to record answers. This was followed by an onsite interview with the Quality Manager who went over my previous experience in detail.

Interview Questions

• Resume based: Which of these accomplishment are you most proud of and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2017.

Interview

Well I applied for the job and two weeks later, I received a LinkedIn message from a recruiter asking if I was interested in the position and if so she would love to speak to me!?!?!?!?! I advised that I already applied and then she setup a phone interview the same day. Lasted 15 minutes. Just high level overview of my experiences.
    After that I waited a week or so for feedback and the recruiter advised she was still waiting on the hiring manager. Probably a month and half after that, I called the recruiter about the status, since she never returned any of my emails in between time, and she advised that the job was placed on hold. Which was fine but I felt as if she could have told me instead of dodging my emails. Any who, so I never got to interview with the hiring manager. Not sure if they are going to open the job back up and pick up where they left off. Although there was a lack of communication the recruiter was nice and I was highly interested in the job.