Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Help Desk Technician Tier I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (York, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was the standard interview questions. Also they asked several technical questions about software that only they use, so only an JCI employee would know how to support it. The job description is misleading. It is not a help desk position as listed. It is an application developer position. Now I am blacklisted because I didn't get this particular job.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix an issues with files not displaying properly with this software   1 Answer

Lead Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune (India)).

Interview

Very fast. All rounds done in single day. Most difficult i faced. I got selected. Looking forward to join company. For now everything looks well in the company. I can confirm only after joining.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about building angulajs app ?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2015.

Interview

First round was tool test on CATIA that was very easy and second round was technical interview they never ask about your projects they ask basic engineering question like force momentum etc

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Apply for the location and position you truly feel is your most desired. Show that you have a drive to win and can do so ethically.

Operational Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was given a call back about my online application and asked to come in for an interview. My preliminary interview was with two Purchasing Managers and an HR Manager. After successfully interviewing, I was asked to come in and interview with two Purchasing Directors and the original Purchasing Managers. My third and final interview was with the North American Purchasing Vice President, whom I interviewed with for an hour. Each of the interviews I was met with about 5 to 10 minutes of warm up discussion followed by discussions about my relevant work experience pertaining to the Buyer Role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress? What activities do you perform to cope with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Respect yourself, understand current market salary for the position you are applying for, and request a salary a bit more than one would expect after conveying the value you can bring to the company.

Helpdesk Technician (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

got a call from hr. responded. set up time,date and number to be contacted. that's the OK part. here is where it went wrong, When I asked specifics on the jobs hr could not answer. got a call two days later to number that was not supposed to be used for interview. I had to call back from right phone number, the guy who was doing the interview did not speak clear or consisted in his questioning. these are the requirements for the job which is low level desktop support (A temporary job) as is described

Under general supervision of the local Network Technologist (NT) provides support of Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN). Responsible for helping to maintain the physical network, file servers, desktop and laptop workstations and applications. All activities to conform with Johnson Controls standards for hardware and software. This is a temporary position to be located in Gaithersburg, MD.
    Qualifications

Associate Degree in computer science or equivalent plus 2 years related experience supporting shared resources in a LAN/WAN environment. Proficiency with troubleshooting concepts; PC workstations (laptops and desktops); Windows operating systems including Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and XP; Microsoft Office products; antivirus software; networking concepts including TCP/IP, routing, and network printing; data backup/recovery concepts; and electronic software delivery methods (WSUS Altiris, FTP). General knowledge required on Microsoft Windows 98 and Windows NT operating systems, network servers, Citrix, and WAN technological concepts. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer interface skills, problem solving and innovative resolution ability and the ability to be a highly effective team member are required. The following certifications are preferred but not required: MCP (any), Network+, A+, and Security+.

Here is the problem I am not ask about any of this.

I was asked name what ticketing applications I have work with and my experience with them. after I clearly stated that my ticketing experience was hand written forms.then he goes on to asked about remedy (Remedy Action Request System) experience. which is an application .Clearly this guy is a foreigner which I am too, but unlike him English is my first language which is not his. then I was put on hold for 2mins, I am guessing he had to think up two more questions
    I was ask what oracle server experience do I have working on oracle servers , which is not listed above. which is a server administration specific type job and not Helpdesk Technician(DESKTOP SUPPORT!!!!)
    Name what imaging software have I used and my experience with it. I was not asked if I know how to create an image file or how to use it with virtual machines,or on virtual servers or computer which I do know.

then I was then told "you not what I am looking for OK good bye"
    I had to ask him can I ask some questions, he said OK. by the time I stated my that I had two bachelors in engineering (E.E and CPE) he cut me off and said " you do not have the experience that I looking for " . " I have other candidates if it does not work out I call you back "

clearly they are locking For a server Administration support and not Helpdesk Technician (DESKTOP SUPPORT!!! ), but they do not want to pay for a server administrator (which the lowest I have ever seen is 30/ Hr or 62K per year at a small charter school with 350 students doing basic computer work). The job requires you to support the entire company(162,000 employees). I was told by Hr the base salary is at $25/ per hr, which is about 52K per year. form the reviews on this company they do not like to negotiate they only like giving the base pay.

Interview Questions

• Name the ticketing applications you have used ? ( I am guessing this is what he wanted to say, because he did not speak clearly or proper English to me )   Answer Question
    • What oracle sever experience do you have? ( I am guessing this is what he wanted to say, because he did not speak clearly or proper English to me )   Answer Question

Battery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I recently accepted an offer as a Battery Engineer Intern after my 7th interview. These 7 interviews spanned over a year for 4 different positions. This may seem rigorous, but I realized JCI loves to see persistence. The position I accepted is a position JCI sought me for as I did not apply for this particular position. Through my whole interview process the HR staff responded promptly, and I have not had one bad experience with a JCI employee!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to draw a voltage divider?   1 Answer

Vice President & GM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Many different functions in the organization what to see how you perform in an interview. The company is serious about good talent and looks for strong past performance. People in Milwaukee are eager to grow the company.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Westminster, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview with hiring manager, in-person. Second interview with five people at one time. The interviews went just fine, everyone was friendly and the discussions seemed to go well, but then I did not receive a follow up. I sent a follow up e-mail. Did not receive a response or follow-up, AT ALL. Not even a "Thank you for coming in, but we decided to go with someone else.. " I thought it was incredibly rude after I went in there twice for interviews. Even if the interviews had gone terribly, it is at least polite to say something to the applicant even if the company is not proceeding with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide general information about my skills and experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.