Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview process takes awhile to get through. Took around 5 months for the whole process from the time I first applied to when i started. Overall, getting into the company was long and left in the dark mostly. Once getting into the position it was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions consisted of technical knowledge of the companies products. They didn't expect you to know exactly what their products do, but wanted to you to have an idea.   1 Answer

Einkauf Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in January 2013.

Interview

Erstes Gespräch sofort mit der Fachabteilung und HR. Dadurch konnte das allgemeine Interesse von HR reduziert werden. Es ging sofort um die zu besetzende Stelle, die Anforderungen und wie diese in den ersten 3 Monaten angegangen werden.

Interview Questions

• Warum interessiert sie die Position bei Johnson Controls   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2016.

Interview

Hiring interview process was good. Vacation time could be improved after one year of service as well as after 15 years of service. Bonus pay needs increasing after one year of service. Myself being in management I see potential growth with JCI by hiring and paying more two new hires and employees in the first year. And that includes union employees and salaried employees. It is difficult to hire experienced mechanics and office employees due to other …

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Nashville, TN).

Interview

My personal interview was conducted by the branch manager, and a manager from each department. Each department had questions and statements to ensure that Person interviewing was qualified for the job. Very professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• I personally was to ask if I thought that I was qualified to do the job efficiently and safe.   1 Answer

Graduate Information Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cork (Ireland)) in March 2017.

Interview

1) Interview by call
    2) live interview (1h)
    3) written test (30 min)
    4) final interview (30 min)

I only did the first step unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• CALL INTERVIEW:
      Talk about your degree course
      what your most important success so far?
      why are you good fr this position?
      Talk about your IT competences
      Expected salary
      What's the enviroment that your prefer to work?
      What do you now about this company?
      Previous work Experiences
      Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an online web interview.Answered about 6 questions.The interview was not live.It was recorded videos.2 of them were 1 time only(no edits).The other 4 you were able to edit them.

Interview Questions

• Question about ethics.Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something unethical take place   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Professional. Extensive, detailed, they did their home work. A bit too serious. Did drug test on the spot with hair clippings. Not a good move frankly. They seemed in a major rush to fill
    The roster but i guesd thats good

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with reporting to some one one day and the roles reversed the next. And repeat   1 Answer

Fire Alarm Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Rockaway, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Review of previous experience and employment, likes and dislikes, review of skills and mind set. Discussed opportunity of growth within the company, travel needs. Review in knowledge of tools and skills within reason for repair.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

C++ Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview level was moderate. They asked most of the questions from C. First round was written followed by a technical interview of 45 minutes. They told me that HR will call me for face to face round but they never called

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter initially. Phone interviewed with HR. In person interview with dept. manager and supervisors. Panel style interview. Offered position, accepted, sent for drug screen. Started very quickly.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard interview questions. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question