Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2017.

Interview

first round phone screening, about 30 min, HR asked questions about willingness to relocation, salary, and previous intern experience, also scheduled for next round technical interview. HR is nice to talk with. That is all I have, good luck to everyone.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2017.

Interview

The process was routine and they did a good job explaining the company the role and the fit in the company for what i was going to be doing in the field for the customers in the vertical market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter asking basic questions...answered questions then was setup for F2F with hiring manager. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager he did not ask much I had to basically tell him about my experience. He said they would get back to me the following week (did not happen) I even emailed both manager and recruiter and no response.

Interview Questions

• None ... hiring manager must not have been interested (maybe I didn't have the look he wanted)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

After phone interview, I got an on-site interview where I had 4 different interviewers, 45 minutes each, total 3 hours. Mostly asking my background and projects I did to see if I have enough skill sets to do the job for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are the most challenging programs that you created?   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Ramon, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. The first interview was with the HR that went pretty smooth. the second interview was with the hiring manager. He wanted to know

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for JCI?
      What are the essential elements that lead to successful project management practice?
      How do yo budget for a project?
      Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied via Teleo. Multiple phone screenings four months later after after numerous reschedules. Phone interviews one month later. Face-to-face a few days later. The job description posted was very exact. However, at the face-to-face interview, it seemed as though they were undecided on what they were looking for in a candidate. One person (very knowledgeable and professional) explained his view, which matched the description. The next person (one up on the chain) had an entirely different view of the position. The conversation/questioning led me to believe that he was too busy to even review my resume. He kept interrupting me while i was providing answers to his questions. He was very defensive and demeaning of my questions. If this is how the interview process is, i can only imagine how he treats employees. Not a place for me.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding experiences that I clearly did not have.   1 Answer

Power Solution Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR after a week and had a video record interview first. It was ten questions, you can record repeatedly for the first five I think. After that had an interview with them at SWE conference, all behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• A time when you had difficulties with the authority and how you overcame it .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. The interviewers were very welcoming and answered all of my questions. The interview was broken down into two parts, the personality section and a technical interview. The entire interview was about 2 hours long. A day after the interview I was extended an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions involved asking me how I handled specific situations.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

quick and direct questions, took a few months to finalize. met 3 times with different people. Final interview was 2 vs 1. typical behavioral and situational questions. also asked for relevant experience. overall it was a good experience but they are looking for certain qualities and they are judging you for these the whole time.