Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2017.

Interview

first round phone screening, about 30 min, HR asked questions about willingness to relocation, salary, and previous intern experience, also scheduled for next round technical interview. HR is nice to talk with. That is all I have, good luck to everyone.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2017.

Interview

The process was routine and they did a good job explaining the company the role and the fit in the company for what i was going to be doing in the field for the customers in the vertical market

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

normal as usaual with other company ..online then inperson ....taken by 3 managers then drug test background test. asked about my experience, knowledge on energy savings, design and control programming, education

Project Manager/Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview with the Hiring Manager was just to know me on a personal level and to schedule a face to face. During the face to face we mainly discussed the implementation objective and the current challenges.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred methodology of communication during a project?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

It was simple, clear and straight to the point. There was unnecessary discussion or diversion to anything unreleated. The discussions were honest and cordial. Expectations were set and met in a smooth fashion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

First round is phone screening the recruiter sounds like have a checklist in his hand, ask for basic information, like a background check. It is overall easy but also boring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your customer experience(have no idea what connection may have the position tho)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter asking basic questions...answered questions then was setup for F2F with hiring manager. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager he did not ask much I had to basically tell him about my experience. He said they would get back to me the following week (did not happen) I even emailed both manager and recruiter and no response.

Interview Questions

• None ... hiring manager must not have been interested (maybe I didn't have the look he wanted)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

After phone interview, I got an on-site interview where I had 4 different interviewers, 45 minutes each, total 3 hours. Mostly asking my background and projects I did to see if I have enough skill sets to do the job for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are the most challenging programs that you created?   Answer Question

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (San Ramon, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got the interview through a referral. The first interview was with the HR that went pretty smooth. the second interview was with the hiring manager. He wanted to know

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for JCI?
      What are the essential elements that lead to successful project management practice?
      How do yo budget for a project?   Answer Question