Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Three-plus hours of interviews were held in a 12x12 windowless room on the first floor of the building. Met with the HR representative, hiring manager and a manager whom I would work with. First two interviews felt like an interrogation, with questions about whom I knew at certain companies/organizations, why I left certain jobs, etc., as opposed to a skill or personality-based interview/discussion. HR representative walked through each career experience on my resume dating back more than 20 years ago. The level of enthusiasm for the company was very low; indicated a lot of change was taking place.

Intern Technical I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief, I was pre-screened through a career center website which my resume had been posted to. About a week and a half after the company contacted me regarding my resume I received an interview. The interview was very easy going and conversation with the interviewer asking me about myself and getting to know me. The interviewer also asked me about future plans and why I wanted to work at the company. Overall the experience went very well and there were no complaints.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They set the terms and I accepted them.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Westminster, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview with hiring manager, in-person. Second interview with five people at one time. The interviews went just fine, everyone was friendly and the discussions seemed to go well, but then I did not receive a follow up. I sent a follow up e-mail. Did not receive a response or follow-up, AT ALL. Not even a "Thank you for coming in, but we decided to go with someone else.. " I thought it was incredibly rude after I went in there twice for interviews. Even if the interviews had gone terribly, it is at least polite to say something to the applicant even if the company is not proceeding with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide general information about my skills and experience.   Answer Question

Principal Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Norman, OK).

Interview

4 people interviewed me since they were looking for guy with not only MM but WM experience due to a huge WM project on their radar. They asked me about the Paper Roll WM implementation at Georgia Pacific and also made sure that the reasons for my change of job is to their satisfaction

Interview Questions

• Wave Picking basics, SAP questions, WM exposure of my current employer who was Georgia Pacific at that time etc.   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great. I was offered the position. I was told it would take about a week for human resource to get back with me. the company kept in touch with me for about 3 weeks to assure me that I still had the position but, it was taking longer due to the merger. During the 3 weeks I was offered another position but turned it down because I accepted Tyco's offer. On the 4th week I was told the company did not get the funds for hiring new employees. Imagine my disappointment!!!!!! Beware!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite smooth. HRs are really quick and truly care for applicants. HRs that I worked with, had considered me for roles other than what I applied for based on experience and trends in the company.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Fargo, ND).

Interview

very good I was introduced to everyone in the office so I knew i had the job They impressed me and I guess I impressed them and they had a great benefit package

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Started with phone screen, moved to in person interview where I met two HR directors, one for a lunch interview and one for a formal office interview. I corresponded directly with an internal recruiter who was responsible for scheduling and providing me feedback. She was very responsive and communicative.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral based interview questions along with culture and integrity questions   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

I first submitted my resume and it was about a month before JCI called asking more questions about why I was looking for a job and what pay I expected. Then, two weeks before they called again to set up another interview that would happen in another two weeks. I got into the interview and they took a look at my resume and asked about past jobs and experience with HVAC systems. Questions were not hard. There were no behavioral questions. At the end of the interview they mentioned they would let me know in two weeks whether the news was positive or negative. As of this moment. It has been a month of waiting. I have emailed those whom I interviewed with but there hasn't been any response back. So far the process from application submittal until now has been three months.

Interview Questions

• Tell them a strength and a weakness   1 Answer

Help Desk Technician Tier I/II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (York, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was the standard interview questions. Also they asked several technical questions about software that only they use, so only an JCI employee would know how to support it. The job description is misleading. It is not a help desk position as listed. It is an application developer position. Now I am blacklisted because I didn't get this particular job.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix an issues with files not displaying properly with this software   1 Answer