Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Battery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I recently accepted an offer as a Battery Engineer Intern after my 7th interview. These 7 interviews spanned over a year for 4 different positions. This may seem rigorous, but I realized JCI loves to see persistence. The position I accepted is a position JCI sought me for as I did not apply for this particular position. Through my whole interview process the HR staff responded promptly, and I have not had one bad experience with a JCI employee!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to draw a voltage divider?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the senior recruiter in Wisconsin about a position available near me at the York, PA location. The interview went well and I felt comfortable speaking with her. The main focuse was on my experiences and background.

They said that would be in touch by the week after the interview; however, did not reach out to me until about 3 weeks later when they emailed me and then called me about coming back for a face-to-face session.

For this session I was told to expect to be there for at least two hours.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (York, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for one position and was rejected. Recruiter kept coming back to me with multiple other roles which she thought might be a good fit. I was particularly interested in this role and so the recruiter setup phone interviews with different stakeholders. First phone interview was with the hiring manager and other was with other stakeholders. After clearing both the phone interviews, I was called to interview on-site with the entire team. I met most of the people who I'll be working with during that day.

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions like Tell me about your background, Why JCI, Why are you leaving the current company, Why this role, Do you think you'll stay in this role in the future, How do you manage conflicts in the team, How do you handle deadlines, Can you work in a team   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Three-plus hours of interviews were held in a 12x12 windowless room on the first floor of the building. Met with the HR representative, hiring manager and a manager whom I would work with. First two interviews felt like an interrogation, with questions about whom I knew at certain companies/organizations, why I left certain jobs, etc., as opposed to a skill or personality-based interview/discussion. HR representative walked through each career experience on my resume dating back more than 20 years ago. The level of enthusiasm for the company was very low; indicated a lot of change was taking place.

Intern Technical I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was brief, I was pre-screened through a career center website which my resume had been posted to. About a week and a half after the company contacted me regarding my resume I received an interview. The interview was very easy going and conversation with the interviewer asking me about myself and getting to know me. The interviewer also asked me about future plans and why I wanted to work at the company. Overall the experience went very well and there were no complaints.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment thus far?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They set the terms and I accepted them.

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Westminster, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview with hiring manager, in-person. Second interview with five people at one time. The interviews went just fine, everyone was friendly and the discussions seemed to go well, but then I did not receive a follow up. I sent a follow up e-mail. Did not receive a response or follow-up, AT ALL. Not even a "Thank you for coming in, but we decided to go with someone else.. " I thought it was incredibly rude after I went in there twice for interviews. Even if the interviews had gone terribly, it is at least polite to say something to the applicant even if the company is not proceeding with them.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide general information about my skills and experience.   Answer Question

Principal Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Norman, OK).

Interview

4 people interviewed me since they were looking for guy with not only MM but WM experience due to a huge WM project on their radar. They asked me about the Paper Roll WM implementation at Georgia Pacific and also made sure that the reasons for my change of job is to their satisfaction

Interview Questions

• Wave Picking basics, SAP questions, WM exposure of my current employer who was Georgia Pacific at that time etc.   1 Answer

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process went great. I was offered the position. I was told it would take about a week for human resource to get back with me. the company kept in touch with me for about 3 weeks to assure me that I still had the position but, it was taking longer due to the merger. During the 3 weeks I was offered another position but turned it down because I accepted Tyco's offer. On the 4th week I was told the company did not get the funds for hiring new employees. Imagine my disappointment!!!!!! Beware!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was quite smooth. HRs are really quick and truly care for applicants. HRs that I worked with, had considered me for roles other than what I applied for based on experience and trends in the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Houghton, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview position was for an intern position for the next spring semester. The interview was a mix of behavioral and technical. The candidate taking the interview was allegedly from HR department.