Johnson Controls Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone interview followed up with live interview within a week. Results or feedback were not a speedy process. Would like to followup and/or second interview. Seems like a very good company.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Classical: about type of the previous jobs, background/ experience in design, hands-on experience. First was a Phone interview with Human Resources, and after 1 week , in two different days I was interviewed by 4 people. Everything was professional and how I expected. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical/ Electrical experience, knowledge of materials, specifications, procedures   1 Answer
    • How was the last manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was accepted a # in my proposed range

Bluetooth Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI).

Interview

With the help of my then College I had the opportunity to begin my first internship with Johnson Controls. The process seemed intimidating at the start but the individuals I engaged with were extremely easy to talk to and down to earth making the process a bit smoother. The process started with over the phone asking questions geared toward my major (engineering). I then made it to the 1 on 1 interview where I got a chance to tour the facilities and meet everyone in the department.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cranston, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December 2015 and first spoke to the Recruiter from the company in March 2016. She forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and there were two rounds of phone interviews in May. Fair to say that it was a long drawn affair.

Interview

I applied online in December and spoke to the recruiter in March. We went through my background and experience and she forwarded my resume to the hiring manger for this position. There were two rounds of phone interviews with the hiring manager and senior leadership. After going through my background and experience, I was invited for an interview at the company.

The interview day stared with a tour of testing facilities and with the staff giving a background about the company and what they do. This was followed by the actual interviews with different managers and staff who were mainly looking to see how prospective employees would fit in their team.

Overall, the interview process was fast and straightforward and very well organized.

Interview Questions
    The hiring managers mostly focused on basic behavioral questions (STAR interview) as well as focused on your past experience. e.g. How did you handle conflict between two people in your team? Some managers also focused on relevant experience and technical skills and how those skills matched their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with life-cycle and accelerated product testing.   Answer Question

Interview

Professional. Initial interview was coordinated through recruiter. They worked with me to schedule a mutually convenient time.

The interview had the usual questions of experience and why I was looking for a change and why I was interested in Johnson Controls. The benefits package was too good to ignore and sold me on the position, if it was offered.

A more in-depth follow up interview had me meet potential team members with deeper questions about my experience and what I could expect if offered the position.

Finally an official offer came from the service manager followed up by HR; Then some simple paperwork and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why Johnson Controls?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with glycol, CO2 and supermarket rack refrigeration?   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Wichita, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

the process took about two weeks. HR sent an email and set up a half hour phone screen, then one week later went for an onsite interview. Interviewed by 5 team members, they are all so friendly. The interview questions are not really difficult, just verify your background, experience and introduce the position responsibility and the product.

Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University's career website and after two days received an email requesting an interview. I was interviewed by two employees who would effectively act as my managers. The interview started with them asking me what I knew about Johnson Controls, and what made me interested in them. They were friendly and very open about the duties and difficulties for the position, which I appreciated. The rest of the interview mostly consisted of them asking me about particular points on my resume and how it might apply to the job. I asked them questions throughout the interview, so I did not have many meaningful questions left at the end.

The job was ultimately something I was not a good fit for, and that was clear to both parties at the end of the interview so I did not receive an offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Silver Spring, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was set up with me and three managers. They basically went over how the internship would work, being 9 weeks in the field and 2 in the office. Then he went through my resume and asked a few questions about my experiences. Pretty relaxed, did not feel too much pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about electricity? Like how would a circuit work with the lights in this room?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Very good interview process. Spoke with hiring managers, followed by HR. You then get an HR hiring rep assigned to you who assists you through the process. After a background and drug test you are good to go.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

quick and totally unfair.several cancellations and changes in times. Not and EEO employer. this company is too big and shows not repect for american works. they like to give jobs to offshore companies and workers.
    too Bad too bad!!!!!

Interview Questions

• why are you out of work? How many interviews you had?
      why did not you get the job?
      Answer Question