Johnson Controls Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Norman, OK).

Interview

The phone screen by the recruiter in Milwaukee was fantastic. She was friendly and thorough. The actual, on-site interview with the then-acting plant manager, and the hiring manager were something else. They did all the talking and asked me absolutely no questions. The hiring manager had barely read my resume.

Interview Questions

• "If you have to chose between the plant and the customer, who do you pick?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation,

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 1:1 with hiring manager followed by a panel interview. Questions were typically around your background on previous work experiences and some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it? how would you decide on what engineering efforts or projects to use that money?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed twice by telephone by the same hiring manager. After which I was asked to attend a panel interview with the hiring manager and other participants. I was then asked to come into the office for an interview with a vice-president. After this the hiring manager asked me to drive 1 and half hours to meet him at a restaurant which was five minutes from the local office where he was going that day. He ordered a steak for lunch and asked me a bunch of questions which were completely irrelevant to the position. At this stage I had lost interest in the position and my instinct told me not to work for this individual. In hindsight, right at this point I should have declined employment with this company. After this interview and offer was made and I went through criminal background checks, reference check, education verification, and I believe I also had a credit check peformed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my opinion no amount of money is worth working for this company. However, if you want to work in a volatile environment similiar to glengarry glenross and should be in a position to negotiate this package, a manager should insist on no less than 120K annually, with a benefit plan, and 4 weeks vacation. However, be aware that you only get comped once a year.