Johnson Controls Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a sit down, one on one with a recruiter as a large college job fair. I talked through my resume with the interviewer and then was asked questions regarding my knowledge of Johnson Controls. The interviewer was happy to know that I had researched them before I went up to their booth, it definitely made a different in the interview atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with HVAC system?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the senior recruiter in Wisconsin about a position available near me at the York, PA location. The interview went well and I felt comfortable speaking with her. The main focuse was on my experiences and background.

They said that would be in touch by the week after the interview; however, did not reach out to me until about 3 weeks later when they emailed me and then called me about coming back for a face-to-face session.

For this session I was told to expect to be there for at least two hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cranston, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online in December 2015 and first spoke to the Recruiter from the company in March 2016. She forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and there were two rounds of phone interviews in May. Fair to say that it was a long drawn affair.

Interview

I applied online in December and spoke to the recruiter in March. We went through my background and experience and she forwarded my resume to the hiring manger for this position. There were two rounds of phone interviews with the hiring manager and senior leadership. After going through my background and experience, I was invited for an interview at the company.

The interview day stared with a tour of testing facilities and with the staff giving a background about the company and what they do. This was followed by the actual interviews with different managers and staff who were mainly looking to see how prospective employees would fit in their team.

Overall, the interview process was fast and straightforward and very well organized.

Interview Questions
    The hiring managers mostly focused on basic behavioral questions (STAR interview) as well as focused on your past experience. e.g. How did you handle conflict between two people in your team? Some managers also focused on relevant experience and technical skills and how those skills matched their expectations.

Interview Questions

• Any experience with life-cycle and accelerated product testing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Providence, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

Was very nice. He talked a lot about the position and didn't ask me any hard question. Only asked me a couple question (took about 10min). Then for about an hour he would answer my questions in a very long-winded manner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about ____(something on my resume)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First there was a Johnson Controls Human Resources representative phone interview, then a panel Interview with three engineers and a skills test. The whole process took about two weeks from phone interview to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical and proficiency questions related to ProE/Creo software.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Telephonic round, Screening test of aptitude then two technical and one hr round it was Good to get chance of interviewed here. Everyone give you time to think and speak

Interview Questions

• Basics of thermodynamics laws   1 Answer
    • What is transducers etc and more questions related to control engineering   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Vellore (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Aptitude round: all the questions from INDIABIX website.
    interview round(technical): basic question on thermo stream
    mostly the company came for refrigeration so prepare for it , it will be basic
    interview round(HR): basic hr questions similar to tell me about your self