Johnson Controls Interview Questions in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First there was a Johnson Controls Human Resources representative phone interview, then a panel Interview with three engineers and a skills test. The whole process took about two weeks from phone interview to job offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical and proficiency questions related to ProE/Creo software.   1 Answer

BEST Program Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Flew to Wisconsin and had a meet and greet Thursday night. Interviewed Friday Morning with three different people. Received an offer the next week. They like if you ask a lot of questions. Do your research.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Human Resource staff opened a Telephone interview without notification and just asked several questions about your resume. Also, ask what is your available time to start working. She knew nothing about your technique background.

Battery Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I recently accepted an offer as a Battery Engineer Intern after my 7th interview. These 7 interviews spanned over a year for 4 different positions. This may seem rigorous, but I realized JCI loves to see persistence. The position I accepted is a position JCI sought me for as I did not apply for this particular position. Through my whole interview process the HR staff responded promptly, and I have not had one bad experience with a JCI employee!

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to draw a voltage divider?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Three-plus hours of interviews were held in a 12x12 windowless room on the first floor of the building. Met with the HR representative, hiring manager and a manager whom I would work with. First two interviews felt like an interrogation, with questions about whom I knew at certain companies/organizations, why I left certain jobs, etc., as opposed to a skill or personality-based interview/discussion. HR representative walked through each career experience on my resume dating back more than 20 years ago. The level of enthusiasm for the company was very low; indicated a lot of change was taking place.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Started with phone screen, moved to in person interview where I met two HR directors, one for a lunch interview and one for a formal office interview. I corresponded directly with an internal recruiter who was responsible for scheduling and providing me feedback. She was very responsive and communicative.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral based interview questions along with culture and integrity questions   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone interview followed up with live interview within a week. Results or feedback were not a speedy process. Would like to followup and/or second interview. Seems like a very good company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very simple.I applied through a job board for the Internship opportunity.With in 10 days of time I received a reply from the H.R for further interview procedure.I then had one introductory call from the project team followed by an in person Interview.I was finally given the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for an Internship?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It was intense. They asked a lot of questions. Mostly on behavioral and how fast you can respond to a certain situation. Some hard technical questions as well but mostly trying to see how good of a sales person you are. They also want to see how quickly you can pick up things.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview went smoothly. You have to call them and enter a secondary number to enter the conference room. The position was not something that was ideal for me, and I think that the interviewer kind of realized that.