Johnson Controls Operational Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Operational Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in September 2011.

Interview

I was given a call back about my online application and asked to come in for an interview. My preliminary interview was with two Purchasing Managers and an HR Manager. After successfully interviewing, I was asked to come in and interview with two Purchasing Directors and the original Purchasing Managers. My third and final interview was with the North American Purchasing Vice President, whom I interviewed with for an hour. Each of the interviews I was met with about 5 to 10 minutes of warm up discussion followed by discussions about my relevant work experience pertaining to the Buyer Role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle stress? What activities do you perform to cope with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Respect yourself, understand current market salary for the position you are applying for, and request a salary a bit more than one would expect after conveying the value you can bring to the company.