Johnson Controls Product Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Product Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Classical: about type of the previous jobs, background/ experience in design, hands-on experience. First was a Phone interview with Human Resources, and after 1 week , in two different days I was interviewed by 4 people. Everything was professional and how I expected. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• Mechanical/ Electrical experience, knowledge of materials, specifications, procedures   1 Answer
  • How was the last manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was accepted a # in my proposed range

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holland, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

very short interview process. Launch Door Panels according to product and timing requirements, utilizing the YanFeng Design Guidelines and PLUS/EPIC systems. See product through design release, design verification and product validation. Identify product/performance requirements, develop DFMEA & DVP with the SDT team, lead design reviews, and approve drawings. Obtain sign-offs at project gates, create and maintain project documentation, develop tactical plans and execute according to plan and within project budget. Primary engineering contact with customers in Lansing or Auburn Hills MI. Potential, limited travel to Mexico. The candidate will be responsible for communicating engineering changes to the YF plants and Chrysler Release Engineer, resolve internal and customer issues, investigate VA/VE ideas, maintain engineering BOMs in EPIC, Coordinate model and drawing changes with Design Engineer, but CAD knowledge, especially in UG NX Design and use of TeamCenter will be very beneficial. BSME (or similar) required. 2-5 Years of experience desired.

Interview Questions

• could you be excited and satisfied working a back-office type role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing as it was a fixed contract rate

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter two months later, followed by a telephone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person interview. All interviews were friendly and informal, meeting with several engineers and managers who gave an overview of the company and asked questions about my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• One manager gave a specific electrochemical problem (one that is a focus of R&D) and asked my input. I found later that my answer to this was the reason I was hired,   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable but some flexibility on vacation days.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

The hiring process began with a onsite interview with the chief engineer and a product engineer with whom I'd be working for inside the business unit and it was set up by contract recruitor. It was on a Friday so the interview was a bit relaxed. I was asked question about my previous background.

Product Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kansas City, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was mostly behavioral - some questions about technical stuff related to batteries. After the interviewer is done with behavioral questions, there are some questions regarding your resume. After that, there is time for you to ask questions about the company or anything related you might be curious about.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you have faced in a team setting and how did you overcome then?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neunkirchen, Saarland (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Neunkirchen, Saarland (Germany)).

Interview

Very friendly and open. The discussion was tactful but to the point. There was particular interest in how the company can develop the employee. Benefits were clearly defined and expectations outlined. The nsnagemrnt team gave the impression that decisions are driven by fact and the organisation was flat. Emoloyee empowerment is highly regarded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and to the point.