Find jobs for Project Coordinator

Johnson Controls Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 859 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Had phone interview and then 2 face to face interviews. Interview Questions were basic and the interview lasted about 30min long. Very easy process but took 2 months to get on with company.

Interview Questions
  • What are you looking for in a company ?
    1 Answer

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Got a phone interview several days after I submitted my application Over one month later, was contacted to arrange an in-person interview, lasted for around 1 hour. Overall, the staffs were nice and the interview was relaxing. But no follow up anymore...

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Livermore, CA) in Feb 2019

Interview

Waited around for 15 minutes and when the hiring manager walked me to the office to interview me he seemed semi professional, barely apologize for making me wait around. Then he was talking about himself and the company for almost an hour then he asked his PM to join the interview. PM had a copy of my resume since the hiring manager didn’t have it. And, when he start asking me questions it was more like what would you do if you end up with situation and how would you resolve it. And, after 2 hours as a joke he asked me when I can start to work. Next day I send him an email to thank him for taking his time to interview me, he never replied to my email then I waited a week sent him follow up email and he never respond to my email. Very disrespectful when there are other companies that they take their time to respond to the email even as short as one sentence.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if one of the technicians have a bad habit of not calling and not reporting that he will be late at the site?

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in Jun 2018

Interview

I applied online, and received an email stating that I'd been chosen to do a phone interview. The email required me to click a link and schedule my own phone interview. This was the first time in all my years that I've ever had THAT happen - felt very impersonal and unwelcoming. I was expecting a normal phone interview (trust me, I have been through at least 10 phone interviews recently, so I know the drill). This was different than any other phone interview I've ever had. The person who called me sounded like they were a phone bank employee, whose job it is to just call and get super generic information about a person. Sounded very bored with zero emotion. Literally would just ask questions and note my responses. Zero conversation. Again, very impersonal and cold. At no point in this phone interview did we ever discuss one thing about the job itself or Johnson Controls. It was all focused on my resume. I was asked ballpark questions about my job history, gaps in employment, what responsibilities I had in my past roles, etc. These were all questions easily answerable by anyone who'd looked at my resume or my application, so it felt like a complete waste of time. After that, I was told I'd hear one way or another in a few weeks. I finally received the canned email today stating the generic phrases all large companies use in their rejection emails: "Huge number of applicants, tough competition, etc. etc." All in all, was about 3 weeks from the point I applied to today's rejection email. To me, this interview process is a snapshot of what's wrong with hiring in Corporate America. Cold, impersonal, and off-putting! To be quite honest, if this is any indication of how Johnson Controls is to work for, I think they did me a favor by eliminating me as a candidate!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Dublin, OH) in May 2018

Interview

The interview was very comfortable and laid back. I came away from the interview feeling confident that if offered the job I’d love working with the people whom I interviewed with.

Interview Questions
  • Do you make peanut butter fudge?

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Jacksonville, FL) in Feb 2018

Interview

Interview was set-up by a staffing agency it took nearly 4 weeks to have first and follow up interview plus another 2 weeks to get an offer as a contractor because of merger.

Interview Questions
  • The asked about past experience and future goals

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in Jul 2013

Interview

I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Questions
  • How many windows are in the building?

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

I initially received a phone call from a project manager and scheduled an interview for a few days later. They were very willing to work with my current job schedule toset up the interview timeframe. The interview went well and I was called the next day to have a second interview the day after, so two interviews in 3 days. I felt more and more comfortable and excites about the job as interview process went on. I was told I would have a background check and would need to complete a drug screen. This process moved very quickly and I was offered the job within a week and a half of my second interview. I happily accepted.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in a year, 2 years, 5 years? How can you translate your college education into this position?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in Feb 2012

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and proceeded to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and was more of a two way conversation than an interview. When the phone interview was over the recruiter said that he would recommend me for the next phase of the interviewing process. The next step of the interview was more industry based questions and lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in Oct 2011

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that took about 20 to 30 minutes. After that interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview where I interviewed with three interviews consisting of human resources, engineering and the group director for the position that I interviewed for. They asked standard interview questions, but I did not leave excited about the job.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about projects worked on and how did you contribute
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews