Johnson Controls Project Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Project Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that took about 20 to 30 minutes. After that interview, I was asked to come in for a in person interview where I interviewed with three interviews consisting of human resources, engineering and the group director for the position that I interviewed for. They asked standard interview questions, but I did not leave excited about the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about projects worked on and how did you contribute   1 Answer

I got a better offer that held more promise and chance for growth.

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by JCI recruiter and then accepted for an interview. Initial interview with Branch Manager and with Sales Manager and other office Project Manager. Positive feedback due to my experience in the industry. I had another telephone interview and then another interview with service people. I was familiar with the industry so I felt comfortable with position requirements although I had worked in sales and not in service. Interviewed 1 week before 7/4/13 but was not offered position until 8/2013. Much time wasted before starting position.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are in the building?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate and I thought that the offer was fair based on my previous experience. I did not realize the difference in the payscale because of economical changes since I had had a similar position at a similar distance from my home.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email stating that I'd been chosen to do a phone interview. The email required me to click a link and schedule my own phone interview. This was the first time in all my years that I've ever had THAT happen - felt very impersonal and unwelcoming.

I was expecting a normal phone interview (trust me, I have been through at least 10 phone interviews recently, so I know the drill). This was different than any other phone interview I've ever had. The person who called me sounded like they were a phone bank employee, whose job it is to just call and get super generic information about a person. Sounded very bored with zero emotion. Literally would just ask questions and note my responses. Zero conversation. Again, very impersonal and cold.

At no point in this phone interview did we ever discuss one thing about the job itself or Johnson Controls. It was all focused on my resume. I was asked ballpark questions about my job history, gaps in employment, what responsibilities I had in my past roles, etc. These were all questions easily answerable by anyone who'd looked at my resume or my application, so it felt like a complete waste of time.

After that, I was told I'd hear one way or another in a few weeks. I finally received the canned email today stating the generic phrases all large companies use in their rejection emails: "Huge number of applicants, tough competition, etc. etc." All in all, was about 3 weeks from the point I applied to today's rejection email.

To me, this interview process is a snapshot of what's wrong with hiring in Corporate America. Cold, impersonal, and off-putting! To be quite honest, if this is any indication of how Johnson Controls is to work for, I think they did me a favor by eliminating me as a candidate!

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Dublin, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was very comfortable and laid back. I came away from the interview feeling confident that if offered the job I’d love working with the people whom I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Do you make peanut butter fudge?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was set-up by a staffing agency it took nearly 4 weeks to have first and follow up interview plus another 2 weeks to get an offer as a contractor because of merger.

Interview Questions

• The asked about past experience and future goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Livermore, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Waited around for 15 minutes and when the hiring manager walked me to the office to interview me he seemed semi professional, barely apologize for making me wait around. Then he was talking about himself and the company for almost an hour then he asked his PM to join the interview. PM had a copy of my resume since the hiring manager didn’t have it. And, when he start asking me questions it was more like what would you do if you end up with situation and how would you resolve it. And, after 2 hours as a joke he asked me when I can start to work.
    Next day I send him an email to thank him for taking his time to interview me, he never replied to my email then I waited a week sent him follow up email and he never respond to my email. Very disrespectful when there are other companies that they take their time to respond to the email even as short as one sentence.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of the technicians have a bad habit of not calling and not reporting that he will be late at the site?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Got a phone interview several days after I submitted my application
    Over one month later, was contacted to arrange an in-person interview, lasted for around 1 hour. Overall, the staffs were nice and the interview was relaxing. But no follow up anymore...

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in December 2010.

Interview

My manager called me in his office together with his supervisor and asked me if i want to take the new position. I was chosen based on my background experiense and several preffered qualities specially for this position.

Interview Questions

• I was not given the option to decide if to accept or not because my current position was about to be closed soon in the company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything. I had to accept because it was a good option to develop further my inside-JCI career. Salary is no object of discussion either.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in February 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and proceeded to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and was more of a two way conversation than an interview. When the phone interview was over the recruiter said that he would recommend me for the next phase of the interviewing process. The next step of the interview was more industry based questions and lasted about an hour.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I initially received a phone call from a project manager and scheduled an interview for a few days later. They were very willing to work with my current job schedule toset up the interview timeframe. The interview went well and I was called the next day to have a second interview the day after, so two interviews in 3 days.

I felt more and more comfortable and excites about the job as interview process went on. I was told I would have a background check and would need to complete a drug screen. This process moved very quickly and I was offered the job within a week and a half of my second interview. I happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a year, 2 years, 5 years?

How can you translate your college education into this position?   Answer Question