Johnson Controls Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen initial call was from a third party broker who left me a message with a number to a candidate management line. I called there, got a call back quickly and received a phone screen two days later. Then I never heard from anyone again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone call from recruiter asking basic questions...answered questions then was setup for F2F with hiring manager. Went in and interviewed with hiring manager he did not ask much I had to basically tell him about my experience. He said they would get back to me the following week (did not happen) I even emailed both manager and recruiter and no response.

Interview Questions

• None ... hiring manager must not have been interested (maybe I didn't have the look he wanted)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. The interviewers were very welcoming and answered all of my questions. The interview was broken down into two parts, the personality section and a technical interview. The entire interview was about 2 hours long. A day after the interview I was extended an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions involved asking me how I handled specific situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

It was the standard process. I met with HR first, then met with the hiring manager. Nice team, but I was not interested in the position after hearing more about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of applying online, a phone screen from the recruiter and a face to face interview with the hiring manager and representatives from the department. In my case, this was a few direct reports and peers. During the face to face interview, this was done via panel with peers, the hiring manager, and subordinates.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you...?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2009.

Interview

3 tiered - HR interview on the phone is conducted with general fit questions usually thru recruiters and then there is afollow up for further questions bththe hiring manager over the phone.
     thei inperson interview is pleseant and you have to really get to know the job needed as there is importance to be understood to understand why you would be the right fit and how it would help your careed and the company

Lot of travel needed

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cologne (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for 2 different positions Project Manager and Associate Project Manager. I was informed that I was not selected for the Associate and a second email that I have been selected for the Interview process for PM. The first phone interview was typical, then passed on to the second interview which was face to face. I had to travel to a different country for the interview. I requested a skype interview and was denied this opportunity. The face to face interview was meant to be with 3 Johnson employees including HR. The HR had to leave so the HR questions were taken over by the managers. The process took 3,1/2 months only to end up receiving not one but two rejection emails.
    I was very confused as during the face to face interview they mentioned the Associate Project Manager position, for which I had a rejection email from the beginning and invitations to Project Manager interviews.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask your friends, what example would they give us as your biggest flaw and your biggest quality.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls in April 2012.

Interview

Have not heard back, was 1 of 4 finalist from 98 applicants. Decision to be made Wed./Thurs. of this week.