Johnson Controls Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2016

3.1

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

quick and direct questions, took a few months to finalize. met 3 times with different people. Final interview was 2 vs 1. typical behavioral and situational questions. also asked for relevant experience. overall it was a good experience but they are looking for certain qualities and they are judging you for these the whole time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It was intense. They asked a lot of questions. Mostly on behavioral and how fast you can respond to a certain situation. Some hard technical questions as well but mostly trying to see how good of a sales person you are. They also want to see how quickly you can pick up things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The short description:
    The interview was not too long, around 2 hours and it involved meeting the various sales team leaders and a one-on-one with an intern about what the job is like.

The more in-depth description:
    The first round interview was a "meet and greet" with the sales team leaders to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the job.
    From what I learned, the position is mainly filled by CalState graduates who were part of the sales club in their respective schools.
    When I was given the interview, it was to fill in a part of the team where a stronger technical background would be helpful with understanding the controls modules of HVAC systems.

Note:
    If you REALLY want the job, read 'Spin Selling' before walking into the interview as the sales model Johnson Controls go by is apparently based on that book.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions:
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      "What experiences do you have with sales?"
      "Have you considered other jobs other than this one"
      "Have you read 'Spin selling'
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews with the managers over the course of the day. 2 open interviews and 1 structured. Overall the process was pretty easy. I had lunch with some of the staff and thought they were nice. Just not sure if the fit was right for me...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact at university recruiting. Applied for position online and was contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview. 2 weeks after the video interview received an invitation to join the Fall interviewing event for a whole weekend in Milwaukee. It's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard back yet.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview next day after a career fair, the career fair was a technical and focused on completely technical, but after a while in the conversation, the sales option was offered.

Interview Questions

• Half sales part and half technical, being ready to switch instantly   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer was very stern, as if trying to pressure me off balance. Be prepared to answer rapid-fire questions and think on your feet.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

I met them at the NSBE conference. Interviewed with them Thursday, got an offer Friday. Interview was literally questions about whether I could see myself working there. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself being a sales engineer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I should've tired to though.

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

There were two interviews; one was at a campus recruiting event, and the other was at headquarters located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The employees were very pleasant, and everyone I met seemed happy to work there. The interview at Milwaukee was split up into 3 face to face interviews with different people in the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hartford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

It was for a Sales Engineering position in Conneticut. They flew me out for one day from Philadelphia and took me out to lunch. They brought in r each one of the other sales engineers on the floor in to talk to me.

Interview Questions

• What Sales Expericence do you have?   1 Answer