Johnson Controls Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 859 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Got vetted over the phone by HR representative, and then completed a skype interview where I was promoted to answer about 6 or 7 questions. Finally, I was brought in for a final in-person interview which contained 5, 30-minute interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you interested in technical sales?
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Reviewed past experiences and reason for entering the industry. In additional to technical knowledge, a large part of the job is external communication and relationship building so alot of the interview is determining your ability to hold a conversation. They asked about previous projects or researched and gauged whether you were able to explain the topic at an appropriate level.

Interview Questions
  • What was a recent confrontation conversation you had and how did you navigate it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Manhattan, KS) in Feb 2018

Interview

I met with their campus recruiter at a career fair. Later I followed up with an email and thank you card. After applying online I got a video interview. The video interview is exactly as previously stated by others. Six questions, four you can edit two that are one take only. This seemed to go well because I have in person interview later today.

Interview Questions
  • Why Johnson Controls? What is a time you persuaded someone? Describe a time you lead an group or meeting? Name a time you failed and how you responded?
11 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2017

Interview

Went through campus recruiter and then phone interview and then a few in person ones. wasn't the most intense thing, but the final round was much more serious than the rest.

Interview Questions
  • Typical behavioral questions and personality types. As what my top 3 app on my phone were etc...

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kansas City, MO) in Mar 2017

Interview

Did an online web interview.Answered about 6 questions.The interview was not live.It was recorded videos.2 of them were 1 time only(no edits).The other 4 you were able to edit them.

Interview Questions
  • Question about ethics.Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something unethical take place
4 people found this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

quick and direct questions, took a few months to finalize. met 3 times with different people. Final interview was 2 vs 1. typical behavioral and situational questions. also asked for relevant experience. overall it was a good experience but they are looking for certain qualities and they are judging you for these the whole time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Aug 2016

Interview

Started off by applying online, got a video interview. Next I had a phone interview with hiring manager, which was then followed up with an in-person interview. Got the job offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI)

Interview

It was intense. They asked a lot of questions. Mostly on behavioral and how fast you can respond to a certain situation. Some hard technical questions as well but mostly trying to see how good of a sales person you are. They also want to see how quickly you can pick up things.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cairo

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cairo)

Interview

IQ test then HR interview after that a long interview with five of the management team for 1 HR testing all skills and ethics values in a very professional way

Interview Questions
  • What's if a customer asked for a bribe to give you an order?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2015

Interview

The short description: The interview was not too long, around 2 hours and it involved meeting the various sales team leaders and a one-on-one with an intern about what the job is like. The more in-depth description: The first round interview was a "meet and greet" with the sales team leaders to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the job. From what I learned, the position is mainly filled by CalState graduates who were part of the sales club in their respective schools. When I was given the interview, it was to fill in a part of the team where a stronger technical background would be helpful with understanding the controls modules of HVAC systems. Note: If you REALLY want the job, read 'Spin Selling' before walking into the interview as the sales model Johnson Controls go by is apparently based on that book.

Interview Questions
  • Common interview questions: "Why do you want to work here?" "What experiences do you have with sales?" "Have you considered other jobs other than this one" "Have you read 'Spin selling'
2 people found this interview helpful