Johnson Controls Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Controls Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Controls

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Manhattan, KS) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with their campus recruiter at a career fair. Later I followed up with an email and thank you card. After applying online I got a video interview. The video interview is exactly as previously stated by others. Six questions, four you can edit two that are one take only. This seemed to go well because I have in person interview later today.

Interview Questions

• Why Johnson Controls?
    What is a time you persuaded someone?
    Describe a time you lead an group or meeting?
    Name a time you failed and how you responded?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Johnson Controls

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

Started off by applying online, got a video interview. Next I had a phone interview with hiring manager, which was then followed up with an in-person interview. Got the job offer a few weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went through campus recruiter and then phone interview and then a few in person ones. wasn't the most intense thing, but the final round was much more serious than the rest.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and personality types. As what my top 3 app on my phone were etc...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Did an online web interview.Answered about 6 questions.The interview was not live.It was recorded videos.2 of them were 1 time only(no edits).The other 4 you were able to edit them.

Interview Questions

• Question about ethics.Have you ever been in a situation where you saw something unethical take place   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

It was intense. They asked a lot of questions. Mostly on behavioral and how fast you can respond to a certain situation. Some hard technical questions as well but mostly trying to see how good of a sales person you are. They also want to see how quickly you can pick up things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The short description:
    The interview was not too long, around 2 hours and it involved meeting the various sales team leaders and a one-on-one with an intern about what the job is like.

The more in-depth description:
    The first round interview was a "meet and greet" with the sales team leaders to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the job.
    From what I learned, the position is mainly filled by CalState graduates who were part of the sales club in their respective schools.
    When I was given the interview, it was to fill in a part of the team where a stronger technical background would be helpful with understanding the controls modules of HVAC systems.

Note:
    If you REALLY want the job, read 'Spin Selling' before walking into the interview as the sales model Johnson Controls go by is apparently based on that book.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions:
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      "What experiences do you have with sales?"
      "Have you considered other jobs other than this one"
      "Have you read 'Spin selling'   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews with the managers over the course of the day. 2 open interviews and 1 structured. Overall the process was pretty easy. I had lunch with some of the staff and thought they were nice. Just not sure if the fit was right for me...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Hartford, CT) in March 2012.

Interview

It was for a Sales Engineering position in Conneticut. They flew me out for one day from Philadelphia and took me out to lunch. They brought in r each one of the other sales engineers on the floor in to talk to me.

Interview Questions

• What Sales Expericence do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial contact at university recruiting. Applied for position online and was contacted 2 weeks later for a video interview. 2 weeks after the video interview received an invitation to join the Fall interviewing event for a whole weekend in Milwaukee. It's been 3 weeks since then and haven't heard back yet.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview

Interview next day after a career fair, the career fair was a technical and focused on completely technical, but after a while in the conversation, the sales option was offered.

Interview Questions

• Half sales part and half technical, being ready to switch instantly   Answer Question