Johnson Controls Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 859 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Interviewed for Linux position - Linux kernel programming and user space programming, 3 rounds - 2 technical and 1 HR Be good with linux kernel internals IPC, memory management, threads and multi threading

Interview Questions
  • Application building process, kernel internals booting process
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

Phone screening + panel interview with 3 people. Overall process took around a month. Some follow-up calls with the recruiter before getting at the final step of accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune) in Aug 2020

Interview

5 rounds: 3 technical, Hr, VP. Process took more than 30 days, even when I was a early joiner. Very slow process, I cleared all the rounds but after completing all 5 rounds I got reply that your profile didn't match. Totally waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • OOP concepts, coding questions, some scenario based questions also.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holywood, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Holywood, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland) in Jul 2019

Interview

Initially had a telephone interview about my current role and employment history. What skills I have and what technologies I use. Then the actual face to face interview. Over some of the details of the phone interview. Plus questions below

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune) in Apr 2019

Interview

My friend refer me here for the position. After a week I got a mail regarding FTF interview at their Pune office. Interviewer was not that qualified as they were also got confused about my current working experience. There are two interviewer took my interview about an hour. After all Q&A they gave me test on their system. The test was very simple and they have given me 5 hours to make it complete. Within time I complete the task as given by interviewer and after the test they told me to leave. After all successful interview with developers and easy test, I got mail after 4 days and they rejected me as my test result was not fulfil for them. I observed that the interviewer was very new in the industry as they also getting confused after my every answers to their questions. Overall they have wasted my one full day for FTF interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Bangalore)

Interview

They call you, schedule the interview, inform you that everything will be done on the same day. you write down the test for 1 hour. and then they ask you to leave for the day and never get back to you with the feedback, no matter, how good was your written round. Don't waste your precious time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Johnson Controls

Application

I interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview

There were two technical rounds. Not very difficult questions. My interview was more focused around Java Script and .net mvc. Angular js was good to have. Few sql questions too.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Pune) in Dec 2017

Interview

There were 3 rounds of technical interview for me related to Asp.Net MVC, C#, Angular JS and Angular (2/4) and one Managerial round. The company has got a nice infrastructure and interview process was really smooth without much of a delay.

Interview Questions
  • MVC Page Life Cycle, Iterate array without using For or ForEach in JQuery, SetTimeOut and Interval. Real-time example of OOPS 4 Principles.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cork

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Cork) in Nov 2017

Interview

First round Technical Telephone round and second round is Onsite Cork Office Technical with Project Description and technical Questions. Java Microservices No SQL SQL Javascript Big Data Apache Spark If all the concepts are Touched once in the technical discussion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Milwaukee, WI) in Jan 2017

Interview

It was simple, clear and straight to the point. There was unnecessary discussion or diversion to anything unreleated. The discussions were honest and cordial. Expectations were set and met in a smooth fashion.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews