Johnson Controls Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University's career website and after two days received an email requesting an interview. I was interviewed by two employees who would effectively act as my managers. The interview started with them asking me what I knew about Johnson Controls, and what made me interested in them. They were friendly and very open about the duties and difficulties for the position, which I appreciated. The rest of the interview mostly consisted of them asking me about particular points on my resume and how it might apply to the job. I asked them questions throughout the interview, so I did not have many meaningful questions left at the end.

The job was ultimately something I was not a good fit for, and that was clear to both parties at the end of the interview so I did not receive an offer.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

Project based work - initial interview with HR then interviewed with Project Director. HR were pretty general questions - Education and experience. Project Director questions more specific. Pleasant experience - more of a professional conversation than a hard Q&A. Left feeling confident, not beat-up.

Interview Questions

• Technical position - questions along the lines of how you would support and resolve technical issues at the project   1 Answer

Negotiation

Contract based position, not much negotiation room based on bid prices.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews with the managers over the course of the day. 2 open interviews and 1 structured. Overall the process was pretty easy. I had lunch with some of the staff and thought they were nice. Just not sure if the fit was right for me...

BEST Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiter at a campus career fair. Interviewed the following day with her and my file was transferred to the local branch of Johnson Controls. Two rounds of interviews. First is mostly behavioral and the second round is a technical presentation on a subject of your choice. In total the process should last 20 minutes. 10 minutes for the presentation (in front of Johnson Controls professionals) and another 10 for questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome the challenges of working in teams? What have you learned about yourself from the experience?   Answer Question

Systems Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Controls (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview was quick and easy. I think it all comes down to if they need you they will hire you but if they don't need you I wouldn't expect a long interview.

Interview Questions

• there was not unexpected questions or anything that made the interview process uneasy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a 10% increase in salary.